• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Regular strange server crash

Cat_in_da_Hat

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 11, 2006
I have been experiencing server crashes on the Aussie / NZ Good Gamers server for the last few weeks. I put it down to maybe some dodgey files so reinstalled both server instances. Then it started again.

The crash seems to be intermitent and doesnt occur on the same map.

I have attached two launch logs in a zip file.

Also in my se3rver event viewer I noticed a bunch of warnings and errors relating to RO-PID3804 and RO-PID632. And also a bugsplash message in the server logs.

I will copy in the full server error below.

---------------------
The description for Event ID 1 from source RO-PID632 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

404: Failed to GET the requested file
---------------------

Then about 90 seconds later I get this one.

----------------------
The description for Event ID 1 from source RO-PID632 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

Can't start an online game in state 3
--------------------------------

Then two minutes later I get this one. This is where I think the server has crashed.

----------------------------
This event has been logged by the BugSplat crash reporting library (http://www.bugsplatsoftware.com) in partnership with your vendor rs2_win. A crash report from the application 'RS2_Server' has been successfully logged into the BugSplat database with id=328267. Please contact your vendor for more information.
----------------------------

Then about a minute after

------------------------
The description for Event ID 1 from source RO-PID3804 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

404: Failed to GET the requested file

---------------------------------
And a minute after that I get this error in the server logs.
-----------------------
The description for Event ID 1 from source RO-PID3804 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

Can't start an online game in state 3
------------------------------

I have linked the full event log where you will see it is rittled with similar RO-PID3804 and RO-PID632 errors as well as the occassional RO-PID3940, RO-PID4860, RO-PID2884 and RO-PID2884 errors.

Another thing that is strange. I use UGCC to monitor server crashes and to restart after a crash. It detects the crash but it wont restart the server. I need to do it manually through the UGCC interface. Not sure if that is related but I thought i would mention it.

Attachments

• logs.zip
    95.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: