• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Server Won't Start Since Last Update

omano;n2305786 said:
verify server files with 'validate' parameter in SteamCMD. Server works.

Look in your log too that can help.

Done it a number of times & no it still doesn't work

[0001.52] Log: Executing Class Engine.ServerCommandlet
[0001.54] Log: Initializing Game Engine...
[0001.55] Critical: appError called: Invalid DefaultMaterialName! Make sure that script was compiled successfully, especially if running with -unattended.
[0001.55] Critical: Windows GetLastError: Not enough storage is available to process this command. (8)
[0001.93] Log: === Critical error: ===
Invalid DefaultMaterialName! Make sure that script was compiled successfully, especially if running with -unattended.

Address = 0x491b8a5c (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll]
Address = 0x8c496275 (filename not found) [in C:\servers\rs2\Binaries\Win64\VNGame.exe]
Address = 0x8c453f4d (filename not found) [in C:\servers\rs2\Binaries\Win64\VNGame.exe]
Address = 0x8c8d4e95 (filename not found) [in C:\servers\rs2\Binaries\Win64\VNGame.exe]
Address = 0x8c8d468b (filename not found) [in C:\servers\rs2\Binaries\Win64\VNGame.exe]
Address = 0x8c924c46 (filename not found) [in C:\servers\rs2\Binaries\Win64\VNGame.exe]
Address = 0x8ce51261 (filename not found) [in C:\servers\rs2\Binaries\Win64\VNGame.exe]
Address = 0x8cdf3369 (filename not found) [in C:\servers\rs2\Binaries\Win64\VNGame.exe]
Address = 0x8cdefd4c (filename not found) [in C:\servers\rs2\Binaries\Win64\VNGame.exe]
Address = 0x8cdefe0a (filename not found) [in C:\servers\rs2\Binaries\Win64\VNGame.exe]
Address = 0x8cdf68fe (filename not found) [in C:\servers\rs2\Binaries\Win64\VNGame.exe]
Address = 0x8d0101bb (filename not found) [in C:\servers\rs2\Binaries\Win64\VNGame.exe]
Address = 0x49a713d2 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\KERNEL32.DLL]
Address = 0x4bfd54e4 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll]
Address = 0x4bfd54e4 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll]

Upvote 0
Obviously as everyone else servers are working, I would say get lost and have fun troubleshooting your own problems by yourself then. Always fun this kind of people whining about **** when they are the problem. You don't want to do this or that and want to continue the 'crybabying'? Fine lol

edit; and also

I would rather just walk away from the game

you think you're intimidating devs or the community here with that lol? You think devs will beg you not to leave the game community because you're not able to find why you (and apparently you are the only one lol) have a problem? yeah you better leave I guess.

Man up, at least install another game server see if it works for **** sake. If it works then you have problem in your other server installation, not the whole system..
and so on.. test things don't wait for the spoon to come to your mouth.. and stop whining this does not help to solve your problem. a few suggestion above (what you refused to do apparently because 'invalid **** reason')

Last edited:
Upvote 0
awkward-4c0d6f5.png

Upvote 0
omano;n2305805 said:
I don't know basic stuffs an admin would try before opening a thread

You lost me here. If you don't know don't offer assistance.

I am an experienced Server Admin running a number of server instances over a number of games.

Worked it out myself but was just looking for assistance from anyone that had the error before. Just wasn't as sure with the UE engine

Upvote 0