• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server AI bots

[RMC]LtgVik

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 29, 2011
guys we have bot sin the client files as we know we can addthem by changing map and typing addbot and a umber in console to play in single player with and against bots , some of us server admins want bots in ur servers to help populate it as we always haved done in all the previous versions of the game so if your not prepared to do bot support in the dedicated server files can you not at least tell us where the files pertaining to bots are kept int he client side so we can have our own go at porting them accross to our server files , to have done a vote for some us was bang out of order as at the end of the day most of the voters where players not server admins for one thing so the vote on bots was heavily stacked ,,,,secondly paid the same price for this game as previous versions AND for server rental and to not have bots has cheated us out of part of the game . so am emploring you to add the bots your selves or hand over the information we need to grab them from client files so we can add them to our server ourselves please

Reactions: Kaleun
aye i agree except some producors hid the relevant files by giving them names copletely unrelated to whats held within,,,,but i fond the files anyways and when i say mod the bots had already been built all i had to do was program their waypoints inth e game ( day of defeat ) that we played back then was as simple as hit a key and hit the create waypoint tab and save it for each waypoint , but with t his its placing an item called pylons with sdk that can be done im not to torubled by that part of the job , its more where to locate them and if anything inthe server files needs to be changed to get them to work in the server ,,but i shall see what i can do with it if anyone else whants to chip in or has already doe some leg work feel free to pm me im happy to work with anyone

Upvote 0
[RMC said:
LtgVik;n2303909]guys we have bot sin the client files as we know we can add them by changing map and typing addbot and a umber in console to play in single player with and against bots , some of us server admins want bots in ur servers to help populate it as we always haved done in all the previous versions of the game so if your not prepared to do bot support in the dedicated server files can you not at least tell us where the files pertaining to bots are kept int he client side so we can have our own go at porting them accross to our server files , to have done a vote for some us was bang out of order as at the end of the day most of the voters where players not server admins for one thing so the vote on bots was heavily stacked ,,,,secondly paid the same price for this game as previous versions AND for server rental and to not have bots has cheated us out of part of the game . so am emploring you to add the bots your selves or hand over the information we need to grab them from client files so we can add them to our server ourselves please

Agree.............. ;)

Upvote 0