• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Server Refusing To Start

Vendettxs

Jul 3, 2017
Hello tripwire forums! I am trying to start my server running off of my own hosted VM (Not running off of my Desktop, but a server I have in my house). I have the most recent update from SteamCMD and all files are verified accordingly. For testing purposes my Windows Server 2012 R2 firewall is disabled but i have exceptions in the firewall for the selected ports needed. I also have ports 7777, 8080, 27015, 7779, and 20560 forwarded through my router/modem. When attempting to start the server via a batch file using the command: start .\Binaries\Win64\VNGame.exe VNSU-SongBe?MaxPlayers=64?EnableWebAdmin=true?WebAdminP ort=8080?AdminPassword=thisismypassword -log=ServerLog.log -UNATTENDED my server is listed on LAN but I cannot connect to the server, it just refuses to connect to host. I also cannot access WebAdmin even though it IS enabled both by the command and by the ROWeb.ini config file. Below is a log of the server attempting to start... Have been attempting multiple solutions all day with no luck of a fix. Thank you all for your support!

Attachments

• photo18859.jpg
    photo18859.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Fixed after I updated the # of processors and bumped the Memory up. Also rebooted server and changed bat file command to: start .\Binaries\win64\VNGame.exe VNSU-SongBe?Port=7777?MaxPlayers=32?AdminPassword=passowrdhere?EnableWebAdmin=true?WebAdminPort=8080 -log=ServerLog.log -UNATTENDED ...for anyone who needed a solution to this similar problem!

Upvote 0
They try to join you from Steam friends list? if so, they can't because it lists your local IP as your game/Steam knows it is a local server. Give them your IP and ask them to type OPEN IP.IP.IP.IP in console (F3 or % to open it) or let them join by server browser. Also you need 7777 27015 and 20560 to be opened and forwarded to your server.
You can use -MultiHome=IP.IP.IP.IP in the command line to specify the external IP to use/bind the game server on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0