• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Server crashes increased since patch 1.01b

Yes this is always done after an update ...

Since the very recent patch the stability is simply gone ... I noticed lots of servers in the list running TE or SU modes on 64 players being full and all of a sudden empty as well. Filling up again, two hours later empty again. Similar fashion like it happens to us at present.

I wonder if it might be related to a certain map ... but had no chance to track this yet.

Too bad there seems to be no interest from the devs at present? Or should server crash dmp files be send to the same bug report section of the game client reports?

Upvote 0
Honestly I run the server with WINE on Linux and do not see crashes really often, to be honest the last crashes were, for my four servers respectively: one crashed 06.05.2017, two crashed the 06.06.2017, and the last one crashed 06.21.2017. They are not full all the time but you can see they have some activity though: https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/rs2vietnam?page=1&q="62.210.178.64"&sort=

I recommend you to post your crash dump AND the associated log file each time you have a crash, with your machine specs too to help troubleshoot your crashes (they usually have same date, anyway they are the two most recent files after server crashed, in the Log folder, Launch.log and the crash dump file, be sure if you have ?adminpassword=xxx in the launch command line to edit it in the log or people will see it you can do that in one click for whole log file with Notepad++ Search/Replace function).

Upvote 0
Wine ... good old days ... I am used to run all game servers we had in the past under linux as well, either wine based or with their respective linux binaries - if there were any.
Some years ago we went onto a Windows dedi for our game servers ... our databases, voice and other services are still on a separate linux box tho ... :)

Experienced many game release in the past decade(s), I know there can be certain conditions forcing a crash ... in example reducing to 60 players instead of 64 can make a difference. Map cycle order can make a difference, only running one game mode can differ and so on.

Seems there are not many server admin readers here, or I am really alone with an issue ... I will continue trying to fiddle around with it and perhaps upload a dump file.

I just do not believe its an issues related to my setup, the server was running fine until the last patch came out. I searched for the specific server in question @ battlemetrics, if you review the player counts of the past 7 days you can see how "steady" in a way the counter was, until the patch came out.

https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/rs2vietnam/1069638?playerCount=7D

Thanks for your replies omano!

Upvote 0
I've noticed a similar issue with our servers as well. There was a 14 hour period where Rising Storm's process caused over 5000 errors according to my server manager on the dedicated box. It was so bad that because I had a restarter service running to keep it up it caused the entire box to hang from the constant crashing and restarting. I had to get my GSP to IMPI into the server for me and reboot it. Since then Rising Storm's process has caused another 2500 errors in my event monitor.

So, with that being said, where's a good place to put up logs and crash reports? Because I'm sure the dev's will have a field day with the 7500+ error reports and crash logs I have from the last 2 days.

It should also be noted (for purposes of control) that prior to the update we had ZERO errors being generated.

Upvote 0
Yes, the servers were a fresh installation and I validated the files a few times to make sure. Sorry for my delayed response on the matter I was on vacation for a bit there. Though despite having all these errors still being generated it doesn't seem to have a very detrimental effect on the servers. Any one still experiencing issues since the recent updates?

Upvote 0