• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Quality of Life Improvement Ideas

This QoL suggestion will just be about a few annoying things/features I have repeatedly noticed throughout my 500 hours of RS2 gameplay.

1. Flamethrowers: This is an old old complaint in issue is in the RO/RS community. Flamers are OP! They should be, but there should be reason. For one, it is currently impossible for the victim of a flamethrower attack, within point blank distance, to latch-on to a flamer and kill them, as a sort of a "last-breath-middle-finger" to the annoying n00b who is able to sprint around at full speed and sling fire like a old west gunslinger...

Change this. Make flamers more susceptible to killing themselves with reckless uses of their jets of flame. Further, if they go in close-quarters, the should fear getting tackled and burned alive by a pissed-off, flaming Viet Cong who is fighting to their last breath...

2. Picking-up ammo and weapons from dead players/ground: This mechanic has always been very simple. It is straightforward. You see a gun on the ground, you interact and instantly pick it up AND all of its ammo...

...this becomes annoying and just immersion-breaking, when you are holding your ground, and some attacker magically picks up another weapon and instantly has all the ammo they need to kill an entire or squad, or team of players even...

...it should take some sort of (animated/animation) time to pick things up. Further, players should have the option to "cherry-pick" a weapon up from the ground quickly, without getting all of the mags along with it. So, this way, impromptu weapon-dropping would be much more realistic, with the player ONLY getting whatever ammo was left in the mag of the gun at the time it was dropped. If a player wishes to loot for ALL of the other mags that may be present, they should have to elect to do so, maybe by "holding" the interaction button, to do so, which would obviously take more time. Adding in a animation for actually "bending-down" and looting a dead guy for his gear and ammo, would be cool (this is what I was mainly referring too when I previously mentioned animations for weapon pickups should be added...).

3. AMMO BOX LOCATIONS: The location of most ammo boxes on maps never seem to be logically or strategically placed. This is most obvious for whichever team is defending. Any force attempting to mount a defense, would not place their ammo cache 100m off in some random part of the map, away from the objective they are supposed to be holding down!

4. Player wounds: The latest improvement to this QoL was done very well by the AG/TWI dev team, I feel like I should point that out, GREAT JOB! It is cool to see players actually having animations for when they got shot in the leg and have to (try) to limp to safety. It would be even cooler if you guys expanded upon this. If players get shot in the arm by HEAVY CALIBER weapons, they should SUFFER GREATLY from low accuracy with whatever weapon they are using that is being held by that arm. Further, if players get "clipped" or "winged" by rounds, there should be some sort of feature where the physics of the game actually cause the injured player to get knocked down by the round, forcing them to "clamor" to get up, and then keep scrambling/running to cover or wherever they were going...

On that last note, I can not count how many times I have laid in to a barrage of fire on an enemy target at close range, only to just BARELY miss center-mass, and then have them square-up and "gunsling" me with pinpoint accuracy or even a hail of bullets, instantly...there needs to be more penalties for taking kinetic energy from rounds and even explosions. Also, I might as well add that SUPPRESSION in general, likely needs a BUFF too, from my in-game observations.

Thanks! :p

If you wiki m2 flamethrower, the wiki article says that they were barely prone to ever exploding unless something caused the tank to burst all at once, not just leak fuel...

So, I guess there should be a small chance of the flamer blowing up in a ball of flame??? Especially if their tank is hit by RPG shrapnel/blast, HMG fire, or A LOT of PRECISION high caliber small arms rifle fire, 556 and 762x39 would not likely be enough to cut it, although, enough of rounds WOULD make the tank leak fuel, thus shortening the flamethrowers useful time...

I still think the flamethrower should be removed as an engineer class weapon altogether, and should be a pick-up-able weapon for Southern forces like, the DSHK HMG is for the North... if they get destroyed by gunfire or an explosion, then they are gone for the game and don't respawn, but will respawn if they are dropped by the user dieing or ditching them...

If anything, they need to make it so you can ditch the flamethrower when it is empty, so you can move faster and stick out less

Upvote 0
Also, I think I forgot to add this in the main post when I though of it, but, it would be cool if players could heal their small and medium ("yellow color wounds" wounds at ammo boxes or by eating food/drinking water or something...make it so that health will regen over a few seconds after drinking from a canteen or something, but severe (red color) wounds, would remain unchanged... this would really help defenders stay alive and fight on objectives, then fix the ammo box locations on the maps themselves, to make them more useful, and defending should get way more interesting!

Also, make it possible to LOOT BANDAGES off of dead players...

Upvote 0