• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New faction the French Foreign Legion

Killroy98

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 23, 2018
I think it would be cool to add in the FFL or just a french faction because that's how the conflict in Vietnam all started in the first place. It would also allow for cool customization options as well as new weapons like the MAS-38 as well as more use for french weapons already in the game. Their are plenty of maps that could be made for the faction to like the battle of Dien Bien Phu, and one of their special abilities could be para-drop which could act like ambush does for the NLF. As for their inclusion in campaign mode that's where it gets tricky since I believe the french left Indochina before the start date and the map is focused on the south Vietnam area, but I was thinking they could be an early war nation that then becomes locked when the campaign reaches mid war. As for vehicles the french could have a licensed H-34 seahorse helicopter with a door gun and/or a Bell H-13 Sioux helicopter.
I heard they are thinking of adding in the ROK (Korean) faction into the game. I think this is a bad idea because it will basically be a copy paste of the ARVN faction with american guns, they should work on a french faction instead because there are a lot more unique things that could be added.