• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Urgent !! New ak variants and sounds

uni-K

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 2, 2018
AK variants ,

First as someone who has info for this war , they north used many variants of AKS, from warsaw pact countries, more precise we need to add :
East German MPI-KM 62
vz 58 czech ak ,
Romanian pmd-63 , with the verctical grip on it

Second we are really unhappy with all ak sounds the same , because if you want to make the realistic game, chinese ak and russian ak nowhere in world sound the same, because diferent countries produce diferent ammo , and the sound from akm muzle break style makes the bullet sound diferently, so we need that .

And at last , we might need a stampek AK 47 type 3 , for the game , just to make it more realistic .

I don't think we need anymore AK family variants. Commonality also plays a lot into realism and I don't think the variants you listed would have been all that common among the regular grunts we play as in game, if they made it to South East Asia at all.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for new weapons, but this would just be a reskin of what we have

Upvote 0
JokersWarPig;n2322019 said:
I don't think we need anymore AK family variants. Commonality also plays a lot into realism and I don't think the variants you listed would have been all that common among the regular grunts we play as in game, if they made it to South East Asia at all.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for new weapons, but this would just be a reskin of what we have

Actually, they would be very common, especially compared to the AKM. Actual Russian AKMs were rare, the most common AK variant was the milled Type 56. AKMs coming from Europe would be from places like Romania and East Germany. I'm not entirely sure where ammunition came from, but it's fair to assume China was the main source, due to their contributions with small arms.

Upvote 0
uni-K;n2322005 said:
AK variants ,

First as someone who has info for this war , they north used many variants of AKS, from warsaw pact countries, more precise we need to add :
East German MPI-KM 62
vz 58 czech ak ,
Romanian pmd-63 , with the verctical grip on it

Second we are really unhappy with all ak sounds the same , because if you want to make the realistic game, chinese ak and russian ak nowhere in world sound the same, because diferent countries produce diferent ammo , and the sound from akm muzle break style makes the bullet sound diferently, so we need that .

And at last , we might need a stampek AK 47 type 3 , for the game , just to make it more realistic .

This is easily the most uninformed post I have ever seen on these forums.

Theres so many things wrong with this. Why do they have to change the sound? Does every type of AK have its own special ammo? You don't think they would all have the same stuff that they grabbed out of the same box?

What makes this "URGENT" anyways? Do we really need more variants?

Upvote 0
First of all , in that war all aks were diferent so having only chinese and russian doesnt make it realism , second about the sounds , find me two aks in the world that sound the same , i fired both type 56 and akm , they have diferent sounds given akms barrel ending wich rotates the bullet , . about he uninformed part : [h=4]Automatic and semi-automatic rifles[edit][/h]
  • AK-47– from the Soviet Union and Warsaw Pact countries
  • AKM – from the Soviet Union and Warsaw Pact countries ( wich confirms the romianian ak )
  • AK-74 – very limited use by Soviet advisors during late part of war
  • Type 56 assault rifle – from the People's Republic of China
  • Type 58 assault rifle – from North Korea
  • Vz. 58 assault rifle – from Czechoslovakia
  • Type 63 assault rifle
Taken from vietnam war equipment , wikipedia.

So you see we forgot north korean ak Too , while ak47 first models are mising out at all , and chinese type 56 was milled on early models, together with type56-1 wich also featured bayonet on it (http://imgdump1.novarata.net/image.php?di=JPVT proof )

Upvote 0