• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Obnoxious backpack removal or substitution for the US

Obscurify

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 26, 2018
So I've been playing RS2 pretty much since the beta, and it really annoys me that every single US soldier wears a big, bulky ass backpack with them into battle. Not only is this unrealistic and not exactly historically accurate, but it also provides a disadvantage to the American forces- in that their HUGE backpacks make them a much larger target when prone or crouch- it frankly gets old especially on Hill 937 where the only real way to avoid getting shot by the NVA is to stay as low as possible and use cover.

Not only is it unrealistic, it just wasn't practical. In the actual battle of Hamburger Hill- or Hill 937, US troops ditched their heavy rucksacks at the bottom of the hill before rushing up to take it.

Please, at least allow us to remove these backpacks in the character customization, or substitute them with something else. Like, I don't know? Maybe some period-correct things like a machete, or an extra buttpack used as a backpack. Anything, really. It's such an eyesore to see all these US troops running around with MASSIVE backpacks

Community has been asking about it for a very long time now. The only way to see US without huge backpacks is to play GOM Mod for it.
Its likely never going to happen. But yes, you will never wear your backpack unless you're landing on IwoJima in first place despite being scheduled attack.
I'm certain that this backpack is a way to balance out the assymetrical warfare.

Upvote 0