• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Add SEALS or LRRP teams

Zammo76

Feb 5, 2018
I'm just getting into the game but I think it'd be nice to add Special Forces such as SEALs or LRRP teams.

Also maybe an NVA equivalent, I don't think they had Special Forces but would have had some elite forces.

Some weapons you could add for this could be (I've listed a US weapon followed by an equivalent NVA/ VC) one:

Colt .357 Magnum Revolver / Nagant M1895 Revolver
S&W Mk .22 Hush Puppy Pistol (Silenced) / Type 64 Pistol (Silenced)
Carl Gustav M45 SMG / K50M SMG
M14A1 Squad Automatic Weapon (SAW) / BAR (SAW)
Stoner 63A Machine Gun / ZB vz. 26 Machine Gun
M2 Carbine / MAS 49/56 Rifle (includes Rifle Grenade Attachment)
M-20 Bazooka / RPG-2
M72 LAW/ S-Mine (Bouncing Betty)
M4941 Tripwire Flare / Toe Popper booby trap

All these weapons saw action in the Vietnam War.

Also it'd be nice to see some night maps and weather effects such as rain and mist. Then it'd be good to add a Starlight Scopes for Snipers.

Last edited:
Special Forces is listed on the trello board as a possible future addition. Whether that means actual Special Forces or whether that means Special Operations I don't know.

For the the Vietnamese they could add sappers who were elite but rather suicidal and trail watchers who intercepted MACV SOG Spike/Recon Teams.

LRRP would be good if they go the 6 person skirmish route, MACV SOG OP 35 Spike or Recon (depending on timeframe) Teams if they go the 12 person route.

Upvote 0
Zammo76;n2314343 said:
I'm just getting into the game but I think it'd be nice to add Special Forces such as SEALs or LRRP teams.

Also maybe an NVA equivalent, I don't think they had Special Forces but would have had some elite forces.

Some weapons you could add for this could be (I've listed a US weapon followed by an equivalent NVA/ VC) one:

Colt .357 Magnum Revolver / Nagant M1895 Revolver
S&W Mk .22 Hush Puppy Pistol (Silenced) / Type 64 Pistol (Silenced)
Carl Gustav M45 SMG / K50M SMG
M14A1 Squad Automatic Weapon (SAW) / BAR (SAW)
Stoner 63A Machine Gun / ZB vz. 26 Machine Gun
M2 Carbine / MAS 49/56 Rifle (includes Rifle Grenade Attachment)
M-20 Bazooka / RPG-2
M72 LAW/ S-Mine (Bouncing Betty)
M4941 Tripwire Flare / Toe Popper booby trap

All these weapons saw action in the Vietnam War.

Also it'd be nice to see some night maps and weather effects such as rain and mist. Then it'd be good to add a Starlight Scopes for Snipers.

Don't forget the Thompson Submachine gun. This was used mostly by LRRP/Recondo units for it's reliability,

Upvote 0
screwthis;n2314359 said:
Special Forces is listed on the trello board as a possible future addition. Whether that means actual Special Forces or whether that means Special Operations I don't know.

For the the Vietnamese they could add sappers who were elite but rather suicidal and trail watchers who intercepted MACV SOG Spike/Recon Teams.

LRRP would be good if they go the 6 person skirmish route, MACV SOG OP 35 Spike or Recon (depending on timeframe) Teams if they go the 12 person route.

yes we have special force . they called Dac Cong mean special attack force . they never trained to go Suicide attack . they are the most elite individuals cherry pick from other unit just like every other countries . excellent in shooting , camouflage . ambush , sneak in enemy base, running , tracking , jungle warfare , night warfare , good eyes , swimming and diving . those men aren't easy to find and train for throwing in to Suicide mission .

ofcouse casualties were higher than US special force like seal , green beret or MACV-SOG because they lack of high tech toys like night vison scope , body armor , first aid kit , air support . they did pretty good job after all .

Reactions: screwthis
Upvote 0
SeptemberSnow;n2316634 said:
yes we have special force . they called Dac Cong mean special attack force . they never trained to go Suicide attack . they are the most elite individuals cherry pick from other unit just like every other countries . excellent in shooting , camouflage . ambush , sneak in enemy base, running , tracking , jungle warfare , night warfare , good eyes , swimming and diving . those men aren't easy to find and train for throwing in to Suicide mission .

ofcouse casualties were higher than US special force like seal , green beret or MACV-SOG because they lack of high tech toys like night vison scope , body armor , first aid kit , air support . they did pretty good job after all .

Very interesting, is there anywhere you recommend I could read more? My knowledge of VC/NVA sappers comes from US soldiers accounts, so may not be perfectly accurate, and the soldiers probably didn't know what units were attacking them. For instance in accounts of the August 23rd 1968 attack on MACV SOG Fob #4 CCN the SOG survivors describe things like the VC/NVA wearing bandanas that said ""We came here to die."", a sapper blowing himself up with a grenade after being cornered in the latrine, and sappers with explosives strapped to themselves who blew themselves up.

I would also like to add that while US special operations did have better equipment and especially air support, which is the only reason the US survived many battles, special operations did not wear body armor and helmets because the protections given was not worth the weight that would slow them down or they could carry more ammo instead. Special operations (and grunt units for that matter) would not take the starlight nightvision scopes on patrols or attacks because they were 7 pounds, which would double the weight of the M16, they only used them on defense of bases and ambushes. Special operations also didn't have much in the way of a first aid kit, just a bandage and some morphine styrettes, nothing like today.

Last edited:
Upvote 0