• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Any chance we will get imrpoved or at least more quantity of voice acting?

foln

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 13, 2015
I've been playing RO2 for years now and some times I actually STILL happen to hear new voice sfx that I haven't heard yet. And those never dissapoint in the sense of how incredibly immersive they are.
This is one major factor I miss so much in RS2. The voice acting in it can't compete with the RO2 voice acting at all. Neither in quality nor in quantity.
Can we maybe at least expect an increase in quantity some day?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXoscCgf9tg this is what we loved RO/RS for... And That's why the voice acting of RS2 still bothers me so much I refuse to give up hope that some day we might get an update for it in RS2 that makes it able to compete with RO/RS.

Last edited:
NorthDumpling;n2312191 said:
Both sides still crying for mommy, they dont have problems with death voices. And no, they wont update voices, the only time they did it was somewhere in late beta after lots of feedback.

And yet the voices in the game are still a thousand times worse, they don't connect the player to the character they're playing like they did in Rising Storm 1 or Red Orchestra 2. The lines are slightly worse, but the delivery is atrocious, I don't feel like a 21-year-old American fighting in Vietnam because when I hear my character talk he sounds like some monotone drone. The delivery kills it completely. When I first started to play Rising Storm 1 and Red Orchestra 2 the voices nailed down the feeling for the game, it made my heart race, I felt like I was the character. That I was crying when I got shot or shouting and cursing when a guy next to me got mowed down by an emplaced machine gun. Now it's my guy is some bad voice with no emotion saying: "I'm going to get a heart for this one". Or "****ing FNG!". which by the way is a double expletive of the word ****ing, which makes no sense. The game's voice acting may be better than some other FPS's but it's not the same quality that RS1 and RO2 gave me, not by a longshot.

Last edited:
Reactions: foln
Upvote 0
Beskar Mando;n2312200 said:
And yet the voices in the game are still a thousand times worse, they don't connect the player to the character they're playing like they did in Rising Storm 1 or Red Orchestra 2. The lines are slightly worse, but the delivery is atrocious, I don't feel like a 21-year-old American fighting in Vietnam because when I hear my character talk he sounds like some monotone drone. The delivery kills it completely. When I first started to play Rising Storm 1 and Red Orchestra 2 the voices nailed down the feeling for the game, it made my heart race, I felt like I was the character. That I was crying when I got shot or shouting and cursing when a guy next to me got mowed down by an emplaced machine gun. Now it's my guy is some bad voice with no emotion saying: "I'm going to get a heart for this one". Or "****ing FNG!". which by the way is a double expletive of the word ****ing, which makes no sense. The game's voice acting may be better than some other FPS's but it's not the same quality that RS1 and RO2 gave me, not by a longshot.

One major problem other than the poor performance of the voice actors that causes this is the fact that the volume mixing of the voices is absolutely terribly done in RS2. In RO2/RS1 the voices your character said were very loud and detailed. That way they did actually sound like your character itself was saying them, especially when using headphones. But in RS2 theyre waaaay to quiet to give the impression that it is your character saying those words. It sounds they come from some other source, but not your own body.

And this is something that could actually easily be fixed. As said this is mainly related to the volume mixing and that's something that can be easily re-done in a matter of minutes. I wish tripwire would consider this for the sake of immersion.

Last edited:
Reactions: thomasoldier
Upvote 0
I don't really have a problem with any of the voices. They sound like just about every other game's character voices. Most of the talking is done with in game VOIP anyways. If they let you choose your characters voice on the soldier screen that'd be pretty cool though.
The only reason I'd want new voices is if they did hem the way DICE had done them in BC2/BC2V. Those were some amazing character voices. I think they're way past the point of being able to put something like that in though.

Upvote 0
JokersWarPig;n2313557 said:
They sound like just about every other game's character voices
Well, that's the exact problem though.
RO/RS has been famous for the voice acting because it did NOT sound like every other games voice acting but outstandingly immersive and above the average.
So sounding like "every others games voices" is actually a step backwards for the series.

Upvote 0
foln;n2313581 said:
Well, that's the exact problem though.
RO/RS has been famous for the voice acting because it did NOT sound like every other games voice acting but outstandingly immersive and above the average.
So sounding like "every others games voices" is actually a step backwards for the series.

Were they really that immersive? I never thought much about it, I always thought BF stood at the top with voice actors and whatnot.

Upvote 0
I agree, the VOIP was what made me enjoy RO2/RS1. There was something about it that made it sound genuine, but here everything sounds either out of a B-movie or the lines sounded rushed. Not to mention the number of lines sound very limited. The frequency of "getting a heart for this one" gets ridiculous. It throws me off but I guess it's not that much of a big deal compared to other issues in the game.

Reactions: thomasoldier
Upvote 0