• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Equipment revisionism now that the ANZAC's have been released.

Grabbed_by_the_Spetsnaz

Grizzled Veteran
May 29, 2011
New Zealand
Now that the ANZAC's have been released there have been a few shake ups, Vietnamese are now on attack and US and AU are now on defense.

There have been some mechanics in serious need of revising now that the roles have been reversed but I will specifically focus on weaponry and equipment.

One of the biggest problems is that the NLF and PAVN lack a lot of offensive abilities, several classes are almost worthless in their current form, the scout has almost no offensive capabilities, but is also the sole class in possession of the smoke grenades. Mines are basically useless at this point, especially the tripwire one, which takes far too long to deploy to even be effective.

There are also some discrepancies needed for Southern forces, mostly that flamethrowers are allowed for defensive maps.

Some ideas to help the NLF/PAVN is to re-roll the 'Sapper' and 'Scout' class to be more offensively oriented.

Spoiler!

Southern Forces:

Spoiler!

Reactions: BoonReal
KampucheanSVD;n2311377 said:
The grenade launcher is really pushing it a bit.

They were quite rare yes, but that's why I want them for only this one game mode, as Northern forces are quite well balanced other wise.

This way, they will be quite rare in game too, with them only available in one game mode, and the rarer weapon only available to the PAVN.

Upvote 0
I agree with removing the XM21 with M14-SS-1 from Australia at the very least, if not the whole class.

Rifle grenades would be cool.

5 grenades is too much, unlike the M79 that actually requires a little skill where you actually have to aim(and without the sights), 5 grenades would be unskilled spam.

Not sure how common LPO-50 was, but could be interesting.

Here is a link to an Australian encounter with rifle grenades, it claims that some are us, but those are not m33s. Not the first time the AWM is wrong on there, and they infuriatingly have no way to contact them. I doubt the MKII is from US use, very few M1s were used by the US in vietnam.

K-50M would also be cool along with the PPS43

Last edited:
Upvote 0
screwthis;n2312108 said:
Here is a link to an Australian encounter with rifle grenades, it claims that some are us, but those are not m33s. Not the first time the AWM is wrong on there, and they infuriatingly have no way to contact them. I doubt the MKII is from US use, very few M1s were used by the US in vietnam.

Can't find the link...

Upvote 0
Here are some photos of them, including the one I failed to link before. I can only post 5 per comment so the first 5 are here, more will be in the next comment

Attachments

• photo19633.png
    photo19633.png
    110.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo19634.png
    photo19634.png
    137.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo19635.png
    photo19635.png
    135.2 KB · Views: 0
  • photo19636.png
    photo19636.png