• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ping Limit (Brazil)

Zenner

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 4, 2017
So, i live in Brazil, here internet is not very good and we don't have any servers of south america. And some servers have this anoying ping limit of 200 ms (i get 250, 280 while i'm playing) so, yes, i get kicked all the f**** time. I better return to Red Orchestra 2 cause there, at least, i don't have this problem. I saw the other day on another topic, that the damage problem (when you hit someone one kizillion times and they don't die and end up killing you instead) is not going to be resolved any soon. Instead they (tripwire) said to the server owners to add a ping limit (therefore saying that the "damage" problem is latency, which is not). So i must ask, what about us? That live in other countries and don't have any servers to play that have a good average ping? Are we going to be left aside?

Last edited:
Just like Australia, you will be left aside because servers hosted that far away will not have good connection for other outside players.

Server owners also have choice of using client side hit detection or server side detection.

Maybe you should form up a Brazilian community and host its own servers there?

Upvote 0