• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Recoil when Prone

RoastinGhost

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
Minnesota
There are a lot of advantages to shooting prone in this game. Most of them make sense, but there's one aspect that doesn't reflect real life- when you're prone and your weapon is unsupported, recoil is harder to control, not easier. This is because you can't be pushed back by the weapon to absorb the recoil smoothly.

So, my suggestion is to increase recoil when prone to above the level of when you're standing, instead of significantly less. Crouching also shouldn't much if any of a benefit for recoil. Bracing your weapon, and especially bipods, would mitigate this.

I imagine the effect on the gameplay would be that defenders wouldn't be able to shoot as quickly, except for machine guns. This would give MGs a more important, specialized role in the game. These together would make covering fire more valuable and firefights last longer.

What do you think?

Nah, I wouldn't want to make it any more harder to aim. This is no sim after all, its not as if people go prone expecting a harder time in aiming their weapons.

Maybe if you had to aim more at things above 200m and if bodies had momentum. But it's not something you would want for casual game like this.

Upvote 0