• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

more weapons

One gun that's surprised me was that the Sten was actually quite commonly used in Vietnam, especially earlier on.

Apparently US lacked silenced weapons early on (and after it's embargo from Sweden) and post war Stens were being sold for the cheap, so there are a lot of recon, SF photo's with US soldiers holding Stens!

Stens.jpg

Upvote 0
Grabbed_by_the_Spetsnaz;n2308778 said:
One gun that's surprised me was that the Sten was actually quite commonly used in Vietnam, especially earlier on.

Apparently US lacked silenced weapons early on (and after it's embargo from Sweden) and post war Stens were being sold for the cheap, so there are a lot of recon, SF photo's with US soldiers holding Stens!

Stens.jpg

"Quite commonly"

People need to stop using these words. You know it ain't. Hell there were 11,000 XM177s in vietnam. That isn't common.

Upvote 0
NorthDumpling;n2309118 said:
11.000 is a very low number really. Not even 100.000 or 500.000

Still more than enough to equip entire divisions, still more manufactured than F1's.

Vietnam's arsenal was huge depending on which region fought. For me, simply being able to be classified as "Mass manufactured" is good enough for me.

Upvote 0
Grabbed_by_the_Spetsnaz;n2309157 said:
Still more than enough to equip entire divisions, still more manufactured than F1's.

Vietnam's arsenal was huge depending on which region fought. For me, simply being able to be classified as "Mass manufactured" is good enough for me.
Yes it was, but most guns are already in the game, everything else is really really stretching it for US weaponry.
Which basically leaves the M203 Grenade Launcher attachments to be added to the game, all other weapons were either just for testing or only for special operations units or were used by ROK or ARVN.
Can't really say much on PAVN/NLF as that's a different ball-game...

Upvote 0
Beskar Mando;n2309160 said:
Yes it was, but most guns are already in the game, everything else is really really stretching it for US weaponry.
Which basically leaves the M203 Grenade Launcher attachments to be added to the game, all other weapons were either just for testing or only for special operations units or were used by ROK or ARVN.
Can't really say much on PAVN/NLF as that's a different ball-game...

US is quite complete, yes, but I would like to see a recon/SoF division, simply for the use of some lesser known weaponry.

NLF/PAVN could defiantly use some more diversity between the two though.

AATTV;n2309161 said:
Are you reffering to F1 Smg's?

There were roughly 23,000 odd F1's manufactured @ lithgow iirc

Hmm, it seems you're right, I remember reading that it was hardly used because of the new M16's somewhere, but I digress.

Regardless, I reckon my point still stands, rather than arguing semantics, it's honestly more then enough to be represented in game

Upvote 0
The F1 and Owen were officially taken out of service in 1966.

However most weren't shipped back to Australia. They stayed there. So if you bribed the armourer or had a very convincing reason you could have one.

The reason they were removed was because of "misfires". However that was because of the Ammo used and not the gun itself. They were issuing WW2 era British 9mm ammo. Which was shoddy. The browning hi power they had also used 9mm. But that was issued brand new Canadian 9mm ammo. When you put that stuff into an F1 or Owen it worked perfectly.

Upvote 0