• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

more weapons

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Marsalkka Mahtimeisseli;n2303411 said:
ex-Wehrmacht and French weapons, with many crude "jungle workshop" guns.

+ PM-63, PTRD, & other load-outs for ammo, grenades.. there were a few different RPG rounds listed. M72 & 203 for the US to balance it out. Silenced M3, Stoner 63, Mac-10..

That list also mentioned Molotovs :cool:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
AntleredCormorant;n2303582 said:
+ PM-63, PTRD, & other load-outs for ammo, grenades.. there were a few different RPG rounds listed. M72 & 203 for the US to balance it out. Silenced M3, Stoner 63, Mac-10..

That list also mentioned Molotovs :cool:

The Stoner 63 and Mac-10 were never really issued on a large scale. In fact, the Mac-10 only began production when most US troops were out of the war, and it was primarily used by special forces, not average infantry. I'm also not sure about the usage of the PM-63, according to the Vietnamese Wikipedia page, it also also only used by special forces.

Upvote 0
more historically we would see older weapons like the K98, MP-40, Mg-34 and 42 as well as a hodge-podge of more old soviet guns like the nagant revolver, M44 and M38 carbines etc as well as a smattering of Japanese guns as well.

honestly I'd live to see them ALL ported into game and have high level unlocks for some of the more rare ones like arisakas and type 96/99 LMG's

i will admit i'm baised and want my sniper type 96 LMG back.

Upvote 0
Arisaka99;n2303622 said:
The Stoner 63 and Mac-10 were never really issued on a large scale. In fact, the Mac-10 only began production when most US troops were out of the war, and it was primarily used by special forces, not average infantry. I'm also not sure about the usage of the PM-63, according to the Vietnamese Wikipedia page, it also also only used by special forces.

So make them only available to certain classes or on a specific map (or both).

Upvote 0
Arisaka99;n2303796 said:
Certain classes would still grossly over exaggerate the use of those weapons; they were only issued in small numbers to special units, none of which are in the game.

No offense but.. so what? Not every battle had AC-47 or F4 air support. Flamethrowers weren't issued to every 16th soldier. I seriously doubt every NVA soldier with an RPG also had a double-barreled shotgun in his kit.

These weapons were all used at some point. Quibbling over how many were issued when & to who is kind of silly.

Upvote 0
AntleredCormorant;n2303930 said:
No offense but.. so what? Not every battle had AC-47 or F4 air support. Flamethrowers weren't issued to every 16th soldier. I seriously doubt every NVA soldier with an RPG also had a double-barreled shotgun in his kit.

These weapons were all used at some point. Quibbling over how many were issued when & to who is kind of silly.

I just don't want more historically inaccurate stuff for the sake of having stuff, there's already enough as is.

Reactions: RandomPerson78642
Upvote 0
Arisaka99;n2303978 said:
I just don't want more historically inaccurate stuff for the sake of having stuff, there's already enough as is.

Fair enough. If it was used at all that'll do for me, I don't think a 100% accurate timeline was ever their intention.

I'd really like to see some maps using mutators to change kit based on time period, though. Seems like everything from air power to sidearms changed & evolved over the course of the war, it's part of what makes the setting so interesting. I was just reading something about the "tunnel rats" favoring the S&W M39 pistol over the 1911 because of the lesser flash & report. They even made their own suppressors. I think a "Tunnel Rat" class or variant for the Pointman could be a lot of fun, maybe make them move faster than the other US troops, give them a knife too perhaps.

There's a ton of potential to expand the current game and I'd hate to get hung up on historical details. There are better sources if I want a proper history lesson - I'm just looking for a fun game, really. As long as the anachronisms aren't glaringly ridiculous that's good enough for me.

Upvote 0