• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

We need to know direction of napalm as USA commander

kuky90;n2303494 said:
You can't know since devs confirmed game do some calcuations from which side strike will come. And sometimes it comes from side of enemy side toward your team.

No, arty is not 100 cosistent, every salvo is different and spookie sometimes spray all around.

The salvo's will always land within a certain radius. The spooky will shoot in a certain radius.

Upvote 0
Lemonater47;n2303518 said:
The salvo's will always land within a certain radius. The spooky will shoot in a certain radius.

Yeah but you can't be 100% sure where as it does not cover always same areas. Maybe once more of them on left side of radius other time all on your team. But thats not even problem like i said. Thread is about Napalm which is very random unlike other strikes where you at least can predict and know this radius, all i am asking is arrow of air strike so I can know from which side will F4 Phantom come.

Upvote 0
You've got some programing experience right? Lay it out for us, what steps would be taken to accomplish such napalm arrow. Some dev is bound to personally reply to your request, we just need to push it a little further. Average person doesn't see any issue with the way it currently is, that needs to change.

Upvote 0
Since people say game do some calculations on their own to choose the best path of F4 to avoid hills or objects. Maybe it would be good connect this calculation with minimap and just show simply arrow next to arty mark.

I mean, Call of Duty and many other strategy games show you arrows of airstrikes for like 10 years now.

Kaleun. You are Dev?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Kaleun;n2303663 said:
You've got some programing experience right? Lay it out for us, what steps would be taken to accomplish such napalm arrow. Some dev is bound to personally reply to your request, we just need to push it a little further. Average person doesn't see any issue with the way it currently is, that needs to change.

Thing i said above here. Or another solution that can be done easier, simply removing kick limit for commander or make it very very high for commander only. people get kicked because of those 5 individuals that don't listen to commander during the match.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How did this work in Vietnam? Did you radio it in and get to choose the direction? I doubt it, you called it in and the planes dropped it asap from whatever direction they were coming from. I'm not sure how pinpoint accurate Napalm drops in Vietnam were...

I've personally had no problem with the napalm after I realized the path it takes is random... don't drop it near friendlies or on a point they're pushing.

I've started using Napalm more as a tool to take out squad tunnels in the back of objectives, and using arty and spooky on objectives before my troops run in as those two abilities are very pinpoint and have a set radius.

I personally say keep the napalm the way it is.

Upvote 0
Mulder;n2306257 said:
How did this work in Vietnam? Did you radio it in and get to choose the direction? I doubt it, you called it in and the planes dropped it asap from whatever direction they were coming from.
**** argument. This a videogame, not real life.

In the Australian open beta build you can choose the direction of their bombing run, and it's more than likely the napalm will follow suit. And that's good.

Upvote 0
Mulder;n2306257 said:
How did this work in Vietnam? Did you radio it in and get to choose the direction? I doubt it, you called it in and the planes dropped it asap from whatever direction they were coming from. I'm not sure how pinpoint accurate Napalm drops in Vietnam were...

I've personally had no problem with the napalm after I realized the path it takes is random... don't drop it near friendlies or on a point they're pushing.

I've started using Napalm more as a tool to take out squad tunnels in the back of objectives, and using arty and spooky on objectives before my troops run in as those two abilities are very pinpoint and have a set radius.

I personally say keep the napalm the way it is.

Well I doubt that an airstrike would come from behind enemy lines towards friendlies, too much AA fire.

Upvote 0