• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

We need to know direction of napalm as USA commander

kuky90

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
This thing got me kicked as commander most of time. I never know direction of napalm and then burn my mates. Most of people never write NP anyway but still this is worst. Since we can't control direction of it, can we at least see where it will come from just so we can not burn our own team?

Since we are at it already. There needs to be done something about trolls that keep running on your arty and then you get kicked as commander.

PsYcH0_Ch!cKeN;n2257175 said:
Nope! No matinee used whatsoever! :) When the commander calls in a napalm strike, the game automatically runs some calculations to work out the best flight path to actually hit the target (as opposed to the side of a hill) and then spawns in the jet as a completely dynamic object.

That would be nice, to put more of the calculation in hands of the commander. Knowing the wind direction and having a topographic map would also at least let you know where your napalm would hit if you could control the direction.

That's still a bit too advanced for the average player to comprehend, don't you think?

Upvote 0
Kaleun;n2303010 said:
That would be nice, to put more of the calculation in hands of the commander. Knowing the wind direction and having a topographic map would also at least let you know where your napalm would hit if you could control the direction.

That's still a bit too advanced for the average player to comprehend, don't you think?

Bro you are so annoying with your sarcastic and ignorant opinions. You have some problem in life or what?

What most of us wants is for game just to simply show us from where it will throw napalm. Is that so hard to shot with one simple arrow?
It would make lot easier for everyone.

There are many many times when i was defender as USA that napalm was being throw from the attacker side toward defenders. Toward our spawn, and killed dozen of friendly people just becasue game calculations. Showing arrow would make everyone life much, much easier.

P.S. Devs said I post my opinion and feedback and I did. Please not try not to be d*ck to others and let devs read it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We're bumping the thread Bro, I have to contribute to it with whatever I can so it won't get pushed off the first page.

Arrow seems good idea, I'd like to see that. Don't get me wrong, I too hate when friendlies don't listen and run into the napalm. Too many teamkills come from napalm than there should.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
gimpy117;n2303062 said:
napalm is already borderline OP frankly. goes through buildings. if that gets fixed then i would maybe get behind setting direction

yeah but its fire attack. Imagine it burns building. Its similar to tank shells going trought walls in RO2. :D

But it would not make Napalm any more OP, it would just show you direction from where attack will come.

Upvote 0
if you give fair warning over the mic where you dropping napalm you shouldnt have issues with TK's, i rarely ever do as there is a 20 odd second delay between calling it in and it actually flying in. the worst is when a commander is not on the mic and just drops arty or napalm without telling anyone.

Upvote 0
Jooce;n2303169 said:
if you give fair warning over the mic where you dropping napalm you shouldnt have issues with TK's, i rarely ever do as there is a 20 odd second delay between calling it in and it actually flying in. the worst is when a commander is not on the mic and just drops arty or napalm without telling anyone.

thats not how it works with people in this game. Even when you say they still run on your napalm/arty, even when they see arty is falling they still run on it. been like this since RO2.

Upvote 0
Lemonater47;n2303188 said:
Stop dropping it on your own team.

It's quite simple. It's extremely hard to get kicked in this game for teamkills compared to RO2. So if you are having issues with that then probably you are doing something wrong.

I didnt drop thats the funny thing and many other commanders ffs. People rarely NP anyway, and add to this napalm sometimes fall toward your team.

It's easy to say don't. But with delay and people not listening you can do those kind of things.

I don't even know how people can be against one simply arrow that would show from where will F4 Phantom come from? it would not make big difference, would not change gameplay of any team but it would be usefull for the commander a lot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i always call up a recon plane before placing any arty or napalm you can see enemy movements and your troop movements.. if you give them warning over the mic and they still run into it then who gives a **** they deserve to die. if you give no warning and get tk's then your a bad commander. i do agree with you that an arrow showing which way the napalm will strike from like the kill streaks in cod.. *sigh* would be helpful.

Upvote 0
Jooce;n2303294 said:
i always call up a recon plane before placing any arty or napalm you can see enemy movements and your troop movements.. if you give them warning over the mic and they still run into it then who gives a **** they deserve to die. if you give no warning and get tk's then your a bad commander. i do agree with you that an arrow showing which way the napalm will strike from like the kill streaks in cod.. *sigh* would be helpful.

Mate, i have over 1000h of red orchestra, i know how to use it and when.

But people simply don't listen sometimes and keep running on your arty even after warnings. Just yestarday commander had lot of enemy players on old sector A and he said in comms 3 times that air strike is coming on old objective, don't run there. What did his team do? 8 of them run directly on this same objective. Poor guy got kicked because they didnt listen and they runined his 70kill game because of this.

But for me most of times i see commander getting kicked is because of napalms and because they dont know direction of same.

Upvote 0
kuky90;n2303317 said:
Mate, i have over 1000h of red orchestra, i know how to use it and when.

But people simply don't listen sometimes and keep running on your arty even after warnings. Just yestarday commander had lot of enemy players on old sector A and he said in comms 3 times that air strike is coming on old objective, don't run there. What did his team do? 8 of them run directly on this same objective. Poor guy got kicked because they didnt listen and they runined his 70kill game because of this.

But for me most of times i see commander getting kicked is because of napalms and because they dont know direction of same.

Again though. I've never been kicked. I don't see any other team leaders get kicked either. I can actually name the team leaders that consistently do drop artillery on their own people. Then blame said people lol.

From what you are describing you are one of them.

You should ever have to tell your troops to fall back and stop advancing. It's counter productive to begin with even if you don't get a single teamkill. Just the team leader being selfish for kills.

If you do get a lot of teamkills as commander DON'T blame your own team. Publicly blame yourself. People respect that.

Upvote 0
Lemonater47;n2303463 said:
Again though. I've never been kicked. I don't see any other team leaders get kicked either. I can actually name the team leaders that consistently do drop artillery on their own people. Then blame said people lol.

From what you are describing you are one of them.

You should ever have to tell your troops to fall back and stop advancing. It's counter productive to begin with even if you don't get a single teamkill. Just the team leader being selfish for kills.

If you do get a lot of teamkills as commander DON'T blame your own team. Publicly blame yourself. People respect that.

My troops advancing and rushing forward many teams mean a lot of wasted tickets. Just wait for arty to clear objective and then rush on them.

Many time this is defending team that keep pushing forward and lose tickets for no reason while they should wait.

Ive see commander being kicked every 2nd match and sometimes even 3 commanders in match happend to change. Worse map is Hue and CuChi and few user made maps that i see most of people getting kicked.

Upvote 0
kuky90;n2303472 said:
My troops advancing and rushing forward many teams mean a lot of wasted tickets. Just wait for arty to clear objective and then rush on them.

Many time this is defending team that keep pushing forward and lose tickets for no reason while they should wait.

Ive see commander being kicked every 2nd match and sometimes even 3 commanders in match happend to change. Worse map is Hue and CuChi and few user made maps that i see most of people getting kicked.

What's stopping you from dropping it 25-50m back?

Still hits the objective. Just nothing falls on your side.

Upvote 0
kuky90;n2303477 said:
thats the point of my thread you can't know arty or napalm radius. You can't control it and arty marks, sometimes you can't move them as you want. VC arty have huge radius and very random as well.

I mean you totally know the radius of arty and the spooky. Though are 100% consistent.

Napalm isn't as consistent but you play TL long enough and you get a pretty good idea of where it will come in. Not to mention with napalm it's never more than 25m off target. Unless it like hits a tree or something.

But you can then blame the tree. It won't mind.

Upvote 0
Lemonater47;n2303486 said:
I mean you totally know the radius of arty and the spooky. Though are 100% consistent.

Napalm isn't as consistent but you play TL long enough and you get a pretty good idea of where it will come in. Not to mention with napalm it's never more than 25m off target. Unless it like hits a tree or something.

But you can then blame the tree. It won't mind.

You can't know since devs confirmed game do some calcuations from which side strike will come. And sometimes it comes from side of enemy side toward your team.

No, arty is not 100 cosistent, every salvo is different and spookie sometimes spray all around.

Upvote 0