• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Punish Pilot TKing, it's getting ridiculous

WhenMercansFly

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 8, 2017
So it's getting to the point that every play session I have includes at least one game with me getting blasted in the head for daring to sit in the pilot's seat of a cobra. Communicating with these guys is usually ineffective since they very rarely ever want to take turns; I'm almost always happy to let the other guy pilot first but even that rarely helps. To add insult to injury I now find it common that I get harassed in chat or mic and even killed on sight after I've already being TK'd.

This is absolutely game breaking since:
1) Heli play is so vital to the guys on the ground that it gimps their offensive abilities.
2) Abusive players get away with this so often that they're being conditioned to do this more (which they are)
3) Where I'm from it's hard to find populated servers, and toxicity like this doesn't help at all as it affects everyone

My recommendations:
A) Make penalties for TKing in the air base very severe. An example could be to have TK penalties double for every kill at the airbase, and auto kick at the third/fourth.
- I've never TK'd any pilots myself (even after being abused), but I see situations where one may have to, such as pilots blocking heli spawns, or pilots AFKing while in the pilot seat.

B) If someone is kicked due to TKing in the air base, then ban then from piloting for 24 hours. If they commit the same crime in a short period after the ban lift, then ban them from piloting for 72 hours. After that, ban them for a week.

C) If someone TK's in the air base within the first 5 minutes (usually when it happens), then have them kicked from the combat pilot role and block them from that role for the remainder of the match.

Please do something about this, because this is such a good game and even though most of the player base is awesome, this game currently just allows the minority/scum to absolutely ruin it.

Kaleun;n2302777 said:
And no one is going to implement the crazy ideas that OP gave. So you better volunteer yourself as an admin to make that 24/7/365 come true.

Suggesting that we rely on admins to deal with every single TK is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen on any thread ever. You're relying on people to either be able to spot every single TK at 24/7/365, or to just take a guys word for it when he reports someone.

I provided options, and to think they're crazy proposals is really ironic because everything I proposed is incredibly easy to implement from a game design and coding standpoint, in fact, what I suggested is infinitely more realistic than 'Hope the admins catch the bad guys every time' approach because what you're saying is literally impossible and incredibly ineffective.

Reactions: LiamFVJ
Upvote 0
Lemonater47;n2303546 said:
But your suggestions would ruin my fun of murdering pilots who step in front of the choppers guns.

Well, if it makes it any better, I actually don't care if people are killed by the chopper's guns themselves. I mean, it's not good, but the current systems in place are enough to keep that from being a major problem, plus, it's much easier to avoid standing in front of a heli than getting blasted in the back of the head by some precious princess.

Upvote 0
starfish trooper;n2302794 said:
Maybe a simple way to avoid tking pilots is to have the same restriction as a captured zone where your gun stays down and you can't shoot it. It is provably a matter of adding a volume with that property on the airfield area.

I thought about this, but the only reason why I'm not 100% for it is because I still believe there are extreme circumstances where TKing a pilot is needed, like:
- pilot going AFK or freezing
- pilot standing/blocking the heli-spawn (I'd personally prefer if they just let the heli spawn and kill the pilot like many other games would)
- pilot trolling and sitting in the cockpit for several minutes without taking off

However, at the current state it's extremely easy for one man to completely break the game unpunished... So if I had to choose between nothing being done or removing shooting at the airbase altogether, then I'd say the choice is simple.

Upvote 0
starfish trooper;n2302794 said:
Maybe a simple way to avoid tking pilots is to have the same restriction as a captured zone where your gun stays down and you can't shoot it. It is provably a matter of adding a volume with that property on the airfield area.

This was the solution that was chosen.

However, now the person will jump into the Huey m60 and TK you with that. OR, if they have a group, they get you votekicked by fabricating a false narrative over the voice channel.

Upvote 0
Zude;n2304197 said:
This was the solution that was chosen.

However, now the person will jump into the Huey m60 and TK you with that. OR, if they have a group, they get you votekicked by fabricating a false narrative over the voice channel.

I dunno. When they take it that far usually you've done at least something to annoy them. More than simply existing.

Upvote 0
Occupying a helicopter is more than "simply existing." Additionally, I alerted the server that trolls were silently spamming kickvote on all the pilots, so I became a greater threat to them. There was 3 of them and one of me, so they voiced the server that I was teamkilling them, and spammed kickvote until I was kicked.

IF they have a group of at least 3, AND they want all the helicopters, AND they are neglected, experienced trolls, THEN they will target anyone obstructing their plans.

Upvote 0