• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Death sounds/animations

Cwalk

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 25, 2013
I don't know about anyone else, but to me one of the most immersive things about RO2/RS1 was the death sounds that would occasionally play when someone was bleeding out or had just died. You know, these ones: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldNSMnEeKio

Of course, even back then it was incredibly rare to hear most of those sounds in full (at least without using IOM), yet in RS2 the situation seems even worse. Most of the time in RS2, you get little more than a quick cry of pain and maybe a last gasp. Admittedly, I haven't dug through the audio files so I don't actually know what kind of death sounds were recorded, but it seems to me as if those extended death sounds as well as the animations to accompany them are sorely lacking in this game. It's a relatively small thing that most people probably don't care about, but I think it could add a significant amount of extra immersion to RS2.

Reactions: thomasoldier
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Kaleun;n2302277 said:
There are plenty, you just have not witnessed them in-game.
I believe you, but I've played this game for almost 100 hours now and I have yet to hear any death sounds lasting longer than a couple seconds, or at least I don't remember hearing them. Regardless, even if they are in the game they are far too rare, while just hearing "I'm hit!" or the Vietnamese equivalent is far too common.

Upvote 0
I've managed to find some of the death sounds, all of the .wems just have meaningless numbers so its hard to find what is exactly what. The death sounds I presumed were somewhat longer in length so they had to be larger in size, that's how I found them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Kaleun;n2302419 said:
I've managed to find some of the death sounds, all of the .wems just have meaningless numbers so its hard to find what is exactly what. The death sounds I presumed were somewhat longer in length so they had to be larger in size, that's how I found them.
Damn those are actually pretty intense. Just a shame we don't hear them too often.

Upvote 0