• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Territory] People should be killed if they stay in attackers zone for too long

kuky90

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Like in RS1 which I liked. People who stay in enemy zone, attackers zone should be killed. I hate how on Hue city people tend to say behind and shoot us in back. There is no more annoying thing in the world than this.

If getting killed after few seconds is too much they should not be able to shoot.

Right now if you stay in captured area, attackers area, you can shoot attackers in back. Now if you leave get in combat zone and then again try to get on attackers zone/out of combat zone you won't be able too shoot anymore. So now people exploit this by simply staying far back and never move in combat zone again because this allowes them to back rage enemy team.

StmRtn;n2301007 said:
War is hell.

This is not war tho. I didn't know that in war soldiers spawn on squad leaders, or Vietnamese people come out of tunnels you dig out in 5 seconds. Or that USA soldiers have xray vision for VC traps.

Now this is game, not a war. There need to be some kind of balance that makes game enjoyable and fun to play.

JokersWarPig;n2301010 said:
I'm pretty sure this was intentional, since there never really was a "front line" during Vietnam as there was with WW2.

And i am pretty sure soldiers didn't have spawn location in Vietnam or WW2. That Vietnamese know where to camp and shoot enemy at back as they respawn.

It's a game boys, not war. Don't start with this it realistic, it strategy or it's war. No, it is not. It is game which is here so people can enjoy and have fun. There is no fan for soldiers being shot in back as they spawn.

EDIT: and i am pretty sure this isnt intentional. If you run from combat zone to out of combat or enemy spawn location you cannot shoot or melee or do anything but watch. Now if you stay out of combat zone, or captured area or enemy/attackers spawn. Then you can shoot for as long as you can survive, if you go get in combat zone or leave enemy spawn just for a second and return on their spawn you are not being able to shoot again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
starfish trooper;n2301027 said:
I think it is intentional, in previous to/es you had to get out as soon as a cap fell, plus you can't place traps. I guess it goes with the guerilla warfare. Maybe put a 3 min timer before enemy weapons are disabled would avoid camping around spawn but i like that you can keep defending after A cap fell.

Well its different when they cap A on Hue and go on B, because not whole secot was captured or moved. Enemy still have spawn there far back and you cant access it and shoot there.

Upvote 0
gimpy117;n2301068 said:
its actually nice to be able to stay ina position until you die after a cap though...but you have to be careful because still holding a capped point is worthless to the team

Like people care about this. Many times we had snipers hidn somewhere and then shoot you in back.

Just day when I created this topic 3 enemy soldiers were still hidden on B while we managed to cap C. Yeah they were losing but then they started killing us as we spawn. They killed 18 of our teammates, so 18 easy kills. Simply not fair and ruins the fun for players on recieveing end of it.

Upvote 0
This thread just seems to be you being upset about your own personal experiences as opposed to you thinking it's game breaking and needs to be fixed. I've been in game plenty of times when as an attacker we have one or two hold outs. We killed them and moved on. I've been a hold out plenty of times and when I've gotten too ballsy in my tactics I've been killed and the enemy team moved on.

It's not that hard. If you and your team mates can't do some basic team work to route out the enemy soldiers still there then maybe you should consider finding a more competent team.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Again and again this is my biggest problem. Yestarday 3 enemy players were camping on top of Chu Chi police roof. As I was commander simply i could not access radio, we wasted more than 5 minutes to wipe them out with help of 4 teammates. Simply this have to be fixed, maybe someone aprove this cheap strategy but for gameplay wise and from fun factor it is trash. You lost sector and retreat, no that you stay behind and camp on roof that only have one access. Not the first time I see people stay back and kill the commanders on radio, once there was some sniper far behind killing me we had whole search party for him.

Simply waste of time, no one wants to play hide n seek. If not like in RS1 where you die after some time when you lost sector, then at least you should be unable to shoot in enemy territory, even if you are left behind.

Upvote 0
kuky90;n2301554 said:
Not the first time I see people stay back and kill the commanders on radio

When I join a game late and it happens to be HueCity, there's a great thrill to hiding around B and then killing the commander on the top floor moments before lockdown on C. Saving the entire team from artillery that could have lost the objective. It's just another dirty trick the VC are allowed to use alongside their traps and the ability to hide from recon planes. If you play as a US squad leader there are many opportunities to run past enemy lines, hide in the next objective until it opens up and let your squad mates spawn on you to fast capture it with no opposition.

As JokersWarPig said, this is just you taking the game so seriously that you feel the need create this thread and complain about having bad experiences. This behind enemy lines situation suits the environment of Vietnam, and what you find yourself in is wholly to blame on your teams players and communications. If it were a private server or a large group of friends you were playing with, then you could easily communicate and resolve these things. But when you play on those public servers, most people are just Rambo and no one is obliged to use teamwork or communicate. Its pure luck that you join the good team with the least of these idiots.

Making these behind enemy line volumes kill you instead would just cater to the bad players.

Upvote 0
Kaleun;n2301582 said:
When I join a game late and it happens to be HueCity, there's a great thrill to hiding around B and then killing the commander on the top floor moments before lockdown on C. Saving the entire team from artillery that could have lost the objective. It's just another dirty trick the VC are allowed to use alongside their traps and the ability to hide from recon planes. If you play as a US squad leader there are many opportunities to run past enemy lines, hide in the next objective until it opens up and let your squad mates spawn on you to fast capture it with no opposition.

As JokersWarPig said, this is just you taking the game so seriously that you feel the need create this thread and complain about having bad experiences. This behind enemy lines situation suits the environment of Vietnam, and what you find yourself in is wholly to blame on your teams players and communications. If it were a private server or a large group of friends you were playing with, then you could easily communicate and resolve these things. But when you play on those public servers, most people are just Rambo and no one is obliged to use teamwork or communicate. Its pure luck that you join the good team with the least of these idiots.

Making these behind enemy line volumes kill you instead would just cater to the bad players.

But why cant you run on enemy spawn again and do this? Game does not allow you to go back and shoot, you also cant mark arty on enemy spawn. You cant dig tunnels close to enemy spawn and tunnels are destroyed when sector is lost. Then if devs want true guerilla war experiece allow us to dig tunnels, arty enemy spawn and run back in. Why can't you then spawn camp in Supermacy mode?

Thats why i think it is not intentional they allow people to camp behind enemy if they don't run back, but don't allow to go back there and shoot? So if you say behind you can be there 10 minutes and still shoot, but if you just go one step again in you can't.

Don't call people idiots, because been many times with people that wanted to help but it is just you cant. Sometimes they camp right behind spawn location or like i said roof of chu chi police. Just wait there and make fool out of peoples.

You lost sector and retreat. Thats how should be, if you say behind you have 3 oe 5 sec to go in your sector or you wont be able to shoot just like it is when you go on spawn on supermacy.

Upvote 0
kuky90;n2301592 said:
But why cant you run on enemy spawn again and do this? Game does not allow you to go back and shoot, you also cant mark arty on enemy spawn. You cant dig tunnels close to enemy spawn and tunnels are destroyed when sector is lost. Then if devs want true guerilla war experiece allow us to dig tunnels, arty enemy spawn and run back in. Why can't you then spawn camp in Supermacy mode?

Thats why i think it is not intentional they allow people to camp behind enemy if they don't run back, but don't allow to go back there and shoot? So if you say behind you can be there 10 minutes and still shoot, but if you just go one step again in you can't.

Don't call people idiots, because been many times with people that wanted to help but it is just you cant. Sometimes they camp right behind spawn location or like i said roof of chu chi police. Just wait there and make fool out of peoples.

You lost sector and retreat. Thats how should be, if you say behind you have 3 oe 5 sec to go in your sector or you wont be able to shoot just like it is when you go on spawn on supermacy.

Because in real life, if your position gets overrun and you can retreat, you don't just magically die. Also in real life, if you manage to successfully retreat, you're not supposed to go back.

Upvote 0
This is just a game with maps and OP is taking it too seriously. In real life you died and you stayed dead. In Rising Storm 2 you come back to the front line, to get shot and to shoot others over and over again, and since you have to spawn somewhere, there are these combat zones to counter continuous spawn killing.

What we have here is just that, a mechanic implemented to those certain maps that prevents new players from interacting within an old combat zone. Except the level designers mentality for these maps is to allow players to remain in the area that was lost until they exit it themselves or die. It could easily be altered to the way the maps were designed in Red Orchestra 2, where you had 10 seconds to run or you met death.

If they wanted it any other way they would have done so, but this is what you have. They probably have good reason for keeping it in this style of game play. You won't get everything perfect to real life, they can only mimic it in their image to what it can be like without upsetting people.

Upvote 0
Right now the current system is a good idea, but it was implemented extremely crappily.

The whole concept behind it was to not kill the players if they get left behind, but at the same time to still make them retreat. They did this with areas where you can't use your weapon, but they did a really half-ass job placing them.

So the system works, it's just not covering the entire play area as it should.

Reactions: kuky90
Upvote 0
Arisaka99;n2301605 said:
Because in real life, if your position gets overrun and you can retreat, you don't just magically die. Also in real life, if you manage to successfully retreat, you're not supposed to go back.

Well this is NOT real life THIS is game. In real life you dont just spawn in middle of the world, you dont just bandge yourself and keep running. And people don't come out of tunnels.

Kaleun;n2301608 said:
This is just a game with maps and OP is taking it too seriously. In real life you died and you stayed dead. In Rising Storm 2 you come back to the front line, to get shot and to shoot others over and over again, and since you have to spawn somewhere, there are these combat zones to counter continuous spawn killing.

What we have here is just that, a mechanic implemented to those certain maps that prevents new players from interacting within an old combat zone. Except the level designers mentality for these maps is to allow players to remain in the area that was lost until they exit it themselves or die. It could easily be altered to the way the maps were designed in Red Orchestra 2, where you had 10 seconds to run or you met death.

If they wanted it any other way they would have done so, but this is what you have. They probably have good reason for keeping it in this style of game play. You won't get everything perfect to real life, they can only mimic it in their image to what it can be like without upsetting people.
How am I taking it too seriously?! You guys connect GAME to REAL LIFE, this is GAME and is here so people can have fun. I was part of game design and play games for 15 years, and this right here is not fun and is bad design or glitchm or better yer mechanic implemented wrong way or half way or flaw in design. Simply not thought too much.

Sometimes developers just miss something or get glitch, maybe this is one?

Like the guy on 2nd page said. It looks like they left people can shoot when sector is lost but only so you can retreat and not being able to defend yourself, and now some people are abusing this. Because if they wanted so defending team can attackers spawn then they would allow defenders to retrun in lost sector but they can't. I mean can but are unable to shoot.

And if you played and of community maps where Vietnamese attack you would see that USA team that defend can also stay on their spawn and lost sector and shoot as long as they dont go in frontline. So now you will say this is intentional aswell? That USA also use guerill warfare? Come on, bro.

This is simply left so defenders can retreat and defend themself why doing so, but people now abuse this to get few free kills. Because if they wanted to do so defenders can be tricky they would be able to go back there and USA would not be able to do that when defending or you would be able to throw mortars on enemy spawn.

Best way to counter this is that you have 5-10 seconds to retreat or you will be unable to shoot just like if you try to go back.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
kuky90;n2301641 said:
Well this is NOT real life THIS is game. In real life you dont just spawn in middle of the world, you dont just bandge yourself and keep running. And people don't come out of tunnels.

How am I taking it too seriously?! You guys connect GAME to REAL LIFE, this is GAME and is here so people can have fun. I was part of game design and play games for 15 years, and this right here is not fun and is bad design or glitchm or better yer mechanic implemented wrong way or half way. Simply not thought too much.

Sometimes developers just miss something or get glitch, maybe this is one?

Like the guy on 2nd page said. It looks like they left people can shoot when sector is lost but only so you can retreat and not being able to defend yourself, and now some people are abusing this. Because if they wanted so defending team can attackers spawn then they would allow defenders to retrun in lost sector but they can't. I mean can but are unable to shoot.

And if you played and of community maps where Vietnamese attack you would see that USA team that defend can also stay on their spawn and lost sector and shoot as long as they dont go in frontline. So now you will say this is intentional aswell? That USA also use guerill warfare? Come on, bro.

This is simply left so defenders can retreat and defend themself why doing so, but people now abuse this to get few free kills. Because if they wanted to do so defenders can be tricky they would be able to go back there and USA would not be able to do that when defending or you would be able to throw mortars on enemy spawn.

Best way to counter this is that you have 5-10 seconds to retreat or you will be unable to shoot just like if you try to go back.

I would personally make it so that you can't resupply or pick up weapons, which most people, especially Vietnamese, will have to do.

Upvote 0