• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mosin needs to be one shot no matter what

kuky90

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
I want to grab achevement for 5 kills with all 5 bullets from Mosin but 1 out of 5 hits alway only injure the enemy. 6 times managed to kill 4 enemy players with 4 bullets in clip and then last one is only injured. Yestarday shot the guy in back from 2 meters away, directly at center of the body. Then guy turn and melee one hit kills me with damn buttstock. I was not injured before. Call me stupid but this is NOT ok.

In the game where you have so many auto and semi auto weapons with 20 round clips, Mosin should always kill with one shot kill. Or else there is not single reason to use it beside achevement. Like its not enough that sound like a nuclear bomb when fired but is so inconsistent.

Also there is bug in Mosing reload animation. It always put 6th bullet in rifle. If you fire one and go reload, it will put 2 bullets inside.

kuky90;n2300777 said:
Also there is bug in Mosing reload animation. It always put 6th bullet in rifle. If you fire one and go reload, it will put 2 bullets inside.

That's not a bug. When you open the bolt, you eject a round, so you have to add 2 to replace the one you fired previously and the one you just ejected. That's just how bolt-action rifles work.

Although I agree, it needs to be either buffed or completely removed.

Upvote 0
RandomPerson78642;n2300805 said:
That's not a bug. When you open the bolt, you eject a round, so you have to add 2 to replace the one you fired previously and the one you just ejected. That's just how bolt-action rifles work.

How do you think the round you just fired is extracted?
It definitely puts one round too many in. After 60 hours and the 91/30 being my top weapon, this has irritated me no end when I just want to quickly top up my magazine. At first I thought I was mis-seeing him push the top round back down into the magazine, an animation I wouldn't mind if the length of reload is deliberately extended. Not that the Mosin needs a nerf of any sorts.

Upvote 0
I'm certainly no gun expert, but I do know opening the bolt ejects a round whether it was fired or not. When you fire a round, you open the bolt to eject the empty, then close it. When you open the bolt again to reload, it ejects another one, so now you're missing two.

Now, if you have manual bolting enabled, fire a round, but then reload instead of cycling the bolt, you open the bolt to eject the empty and the immediately put a new one in, so you're not wasting any.

Upvote 0
Major Berk;n2300936 said:
How do you think the round you just fired is extracted?
It definitely puts one round too many in. After 60 hours and the 91/30 being my top weapon, this has irritated me no end when I just want to quickly top up my magazine. At first I thought I was mis-seeing him push the top round back down into the magazine, an animation I wouldn't mind if the length of reload is deliberately extended. Not that the Mosin needs a nerf of any sorts.

Lets go over it step by step.

1. Fire the rifle
2. Open the bolt (cartridge automatically ejected)
3. Close the bolt (new round in)
4. Open the bolt to reload (automatically ejects the cartridge)
5. Put in 2 rounds. Because you have lost two rounds. You fired one of them and ejected a full cartridge. So he's gotta put two back.

That's how guns work. Turn on manual bolting so you aren't forced to do this.

Upvote 0
You cant simply press the round back into the magazine when you work a bolt. The round is stripped from the magazine and is captive to the ejector and extractor with the round being held in the chamber by pressure till the bolt is back far enough. Once it clears that its flying out fired or not.

You could top off the rifle (sort of) by having a full loaded magazine and manually placing a round in the chamber when you close the thing to get 6 rounds or 21 for that matter, but the game does not allow that.

Upvote 0