• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Suggestion] Option to have Bayonet automatically deployed

User Name Already In Use

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 15, 2017
Hello. Like the title suggests I think we should have a option where the bayonet on certain weapons is deployed by default, basically meaning you dont have to deploy the bayonet on your gun everytime you die and respawn. I presonally use the bayonet because it makes the gun barrel look cooler in opinion but its quite a pain in the arse that I have to always press 7 after I respawn in order to draw it. Its kinda like the option where you can set your weapons to fire in semi-auto, so why not give us one for the bayonet? :p

Thank you

I would support a setting for spawning with bayonets attached and another for spawning with folded stocks. It's more of a quality of life feature that accommodates different play styles. Also BTW, you probably shouldn't have a bayonet attached unless you're sure there's a high chance of stabbing someone with it, because it increases the sway of the weapon.

Upvote 0
NorthDumpling;n2300634 said:
Nope. Why in the world would you ever need it to be attached in prior before respawn? Someone is yelling "Fix bayonets" and then you look at your gun saying "Oh silly me, shouldnt have asked for this feature".

I didnt quite understand what you ment with your comment, But If you think about it, whats the issue with having a bayonet deployed automatically on spawn? like I said its kinda like the Semi-Auto/Full-Auto option where you choose whatever you want your gun to fire in instead of manually pressing the Select fire key everytime you spawn.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
smgunsftw;n2300685 said:
I would support a setting for spawning with bayonets attached and another for spawning with folded stocks. It's more of a quality of life feature that accommodates different play styles. Also BTW, you probably shouldn't have a bayonet attached unless you're sure there's a high chance of stabbing someone with it, because it increases the sway of the weapon.

Great Idea, a option for folded stocks would be nice aswell and I agree with you. Also I personally dont care if increases the sway of the weapon, I couldn't tell a difference tbh.

Upvote 0
Bayonets aren't even good anyway. The melee in the Red Orchestra series is so RNG that you're better off using the regular melee since it has a wider range. Or better yet, just shoot the dang guy before he notices and guns you down before you can even finishing swinging.

Now what I'd like is the option to start with the stocks folded.
That way you won't have to fold in the stock on the Grease gun every time you spawn because it's utterly unusable with the stock extended.

Last edited:
Upvote 0