• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Customization Selection

Zolfresh

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 12, 2017
I am happy with the customization options in Rising Storm 2. Right now, i'm able to set my headgear to random and spawn with a camo cap, m56 helmet, camo pith helmet, pith helmet, a couple ushankas or a camo hat.

Once I reach level 40, though, if I set my selection to random I will also start spawning without helmets or hats sometimes. This is irritating. For the moment I enjoy a "feature" where I can allow my character to be random and always have headgear but I only enjoy this because I have not yet reached level 40.

I suggest that the development team add an option so we can opt in to a group of customization options. If I want to spawn as a US Infantryman with a vest, rolled vest or torn vest, or long, rolled or torn uniform, I could select these six options and leave the bare-chested options grayed out. I would be able to spawn in the range of random clothing I want without spawning barechested.

Editing this customization option would improve the gameplay experience. With a little brainstorming there should be an intuitive way to tell players they have selected their options and excluded the others.

TLDR; Specify which cosmetics you want in the random option.

Sounds like a possibility, but wouldn't it just be easier to select what you want before you spawn. I personally dislike the torn/rolled cosmetics, the boonie hat and shirtless cosmetics are even worse when it come mistaking a player for an enemy. So as you say after level 40 you unlock cosmetics without headgear and just hair styles, which is among the things you don't want in the randomized pool.

Upvote 0