• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

More Weapons and Modifications

FailbatZ

Jul 9, 2017
I really enjoy the game so far (just played several hours by now), but I think it can become very boring quickly, of course you have the different roles to master and get used to the mechanics and different maps, but I personally would love to see more individualization through progress. By now all that progress does is unlock visual modifications for the character.

My ideas

More Guns
When the Vietnam War became what it was, the U.S searched for alternative weapon systems that could handle the rough circumstances but bring an advantage to the field (They mostly searched for lighter weapons). The Car-15 (XM177E2) has been handed out to Special Forces and the Stoner 63 had a trial phase in the U.S Marine Core (mostly SEALs). Even through the weapons had deficits, as a high ranked player (maybe level 30 and above), you are very experienced, why shouldn't you try those weapon systems in a combat situation?
11373586_1604405059801226_1542002851_n.jpg

Magazines
There are several ways to modify Magazines of weapons, from larger ones (30 bullets) to Hollywood like "Duct Taped double magazines", for a faster reload.
Last one is not very useful in real life, but still not totally unrealistic, espacially with the AK, since it's excellent in handling dirt. For example you could make it possible to spawn with one of those "Double magazines" and after you used both sides the soldier just goes back to normal ones.
tumblr_mrim2zDHLq1s57vgxo3_500.jpg

Grips
Grips for a better weapon handling found much use in Vietnam, a lot of AK's have been produced with wooden frontgrips.
836155_01_like_new_romanian_ak_47_akm_pr_640.jpg

Flash Hider
The Car-15 (XM177E2) made a lot of trouble, caused by louder firing sound which would more likely reveal the position of the Soldiers, to avoid that a flash hider has been added to the standard loadout of the gun.

Heavy Barrels
Not sure if and how they found use in Nam, but of course it could be helpful.

I just want to say, that these things need some kind of limitation, but I think Tripewire is creative enough when its about balance, that I dont see a problem coming up with these things.

Reactions: kaptenkrut