• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapon Suggestions for RS2

So all the weapons that weren't used. Let's go for the ones that are slightly more plausible.

Car-15. Which one? Because there are about 7 different kinds. Which actually includes the M16. CAR stands for Colt Automatic Rifle. The two that most people know about is the Colt Commando and the Colt carbine so you probably mean one of them. And if so which. Then again. Colt commando (also known as the XM177) was only used by special forces and the Colt carbine was meant for vehicle crews but some NCOs and Officers got their hands on them. Extremely rare/not used by standard infantry.

M870. They used a lot of shotguns in great numbers but the M870 was probably the rarest out of all the shotguns there. There were about 5 main kinds. The most common one there wasn't even the Ithaca it was a Stevens 77E. I think it's called that anyway. But even with the Stevens it was mainly given to the ARVN of used by military police and other rear troops. Not much by frontline troops. In which the Ithaca was. The M870 was more uncommon and adds nothing to the game.

The LAW. Something every platoon had plenty of. But all you gotta do is look at the photos and you'll see that they didn't take it out all too much. In fact they only really did under orders. When they knew they needed it. But we already have the M79 for the role of blowing **** up from a distance and the NVA got no vehicles in this game so it has no place in this game. The M79 was in every squad at all times too btw. Unlike the LAW.

Upvote 0
where did the UZI and G3 come from? the Mac 10 maybe but I would lean on no because they were HYPER rare.

I've already asdvocated for PILES of old WWII weapons that were used. SVT, K98, Mp-40, MG34, MG42, Type 99 LMG, Type 39 / 99 rifle, Type 96 LMG, P38 pistol, Nambu Pistol, PPSH43 etc.

All of these guns exist in engine

but I also think a colt carbine or M-1 would be great for pointmen as well as an MP40 to replace the so-so grease gun and would as well advocate for MAS series rifles captured from the french

Last edited:
Reactions: Alek-say
Upvote 0
KampucheanSVD;n2299579 said:
Mac 10, Uzi

Used by SoF and secret service, I don't think bread and butter troops got them, M10 is one of my favorite firearms and I don't think it sould be given priority.

KampucheanSVD;n2299579 said:

I don't think I've even seen a G3 in Vietnam, a quick google search shows HK33/T223's in use, but only by the navy seals until the XM16E1 was out of the prototype stages.

Stoner 63

Only used by the navy SEALs

can see that here.

M1 Garand
Eh, a bit old for the US in the 1970's, perhaps if the ARVN got in we could see it.

M1 Thompson

Quite famously used by all sides of the Vietnam war, although getting a bit old for common use on the American side.

Remington M870

Was the main shotgun of the ANZAC forces, so if they are in, this gun should be too.

SVT40/AVT40

Would be as rare as hens teeth, especially the AVT-40, by the time of Vietnam.

Never seen evidence that the Vietnamese had them.

Well, if we get amour, it'd just be a worse M79 until then.

Yup, that needs to be added

Reactions: Alek-say
Upvote 0
Personally I would love to see most, if not all of these firearms implemented into the game(besides the H&K-G3 cause that makes zero sense). But requiring a higher level and perhaps challenges/tasks to complete before acquiring them so for example, not every single U.S GI having access to M1 Garand or LAW.

Or just like the Class System, where only a few people can quickly choose their firearm variant and use it throughout the match until they change classes.

It'd be great to test some of these weapons, because the gun-play is so immersive and fun in RS2, and i'd love to see how the perform in different scenarios and maps.

Even if it isn't the most historically accurate thing in the world, it would really help content and you'd have more hours to spend mastering those guns. There are probably still more guns to be had in the Vietnam War.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The MAC-10 was a special forces weapon. That was only ever used in 2 wars. If you call the invasion of Grenada a war. Even by special forces standards it was rare. Main reason being it ain't that useful from a military standpoint. Why did the special forces like it so much? Because it was a suppressed design that could use the standard .45 ACP round. 9mm SMGs are supersonic. .45 is subsonic. So yeah. They stuck a suppressor on it and it became useful. Without it they had no use for it.

What it's good for is being a concealable automatic package. So great for criminals.

Upvote 0
SMGs
K-50M (PAVN & NLF)
MP40 (NLF)
Type 100 SMG (NLF)
Swedish K (ARVN & USA)
M1 Thompson (ARVN & USA)
MAT-49 (ARVN)
Madsen M-50 (ARVN)

Automatic Rifles
STG 44 (NLF)

Semi-Automatic Rifles
MAS-39 (NLF & ARVN)
M1 Carbines (ARVN & USA)
M1 Garand (ARVN & USA)
Type 63 (PAVN & NLF)

Bolt-Action Rifles
K98k (NLF)
Type 38 Arisaka (NLF)
Type 99 Arisaka (NLF)
MAS-36 (NLF & ARVN)
M1903 Springfield (ARVN & USA)
M40 (USA)

LMGs
Type 99 LMG (NLF)
MG34 (NLF)
MG42 (NLF)
FM-24/29 LMG (NLF & ARVN)
M1918 BAR (ARVN)
RPK (NLF & PAVN)
PK (PAVN)

Pistols
M1917 Revolver (ARVN & USA)
Smith & Wesson Model 10 (ARVN & USA)
Smith & Wesson Model 12 (ARVN & USA)
Smith & Wesson Model 15 (ARVN & USA)
Makarov PM (PAVN & NLF)
Nagant M1895 Revolver (PAVN & NLF)

Upvote 0
PsYcH0_Ch!cKeN;n2275297 said:
You will almost certainly see the US WW2 weapons get added when we add the ARVN post-release, but probably not any German WW2 weapons. We did consider adding some early on (the eternal argument of which RO2 weapons to bring forward) but eventually opted to reuse as few weapons as possible, for two reasons. The first is that there was little point in having dozens of weapons that didn't really differ from one another enough to justify their inclusion, and the second was that we wanted as much as possible in this game to be "all new". We didn't want people to feel like RS2 was just another expansion pack, with people paying to use the exact same weapons that they already had in RO2/RS1. Rather we wanted everything about it to scream "this is a new game!"

-TW-Wilsonam;n2264380 said:
Fun as it might be, we can use the resources better elsewhere than producing 5 subtly-different bolt-action rifles.

Smith & Wesson Model 10 (ARVN & USA)
Smith & Wesson Model 12 (ARVN & USA)
Smith & Wesson Model 15 (ARVN & USA)
Type 99 LMG (NLF)
MG34 (NLF)
MG42 (NLF)
FM-24/29 LMG (NLF & ARVN)
M1918 BAR (ARVN)
K98k (NLF)
Type 38 Arisaka (NLF)
Type 99 Arisaka (NLF)
MAS-36 (NLF & ARVN)