• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Team Kill Penalty for Snipers and Scoped Weapons

Raven1986

Grizzled Veteran
May 24, 2014
Hello folks,

team killing happens, yes but for a sniper who has a scope to see beyond the normal view distance of others, team killing is a no go. It was already pathetic to get waxed by them in RO2 and RS at ludicrous distances even a normal soldier could tell the difference between German, Soviet, Japanese or American. In RS2 I expect severe counter measures for the team killing by a sniper.

First TK: -50 score points + 40 seconds respawn penalty
Second TK: -100 score points + 120 seconds respawn penalty
Third TK: -200 score points + 180 seconds respawn penalty
Fourth TK: -400 score points + 5 minute respawn penalty

I'm drop dead tired to get killed by some joker who grabs sniper only, believes himself THE hotshot on the server and happily team kills.

smgunsftw;n2298489 said:
I don't agree with extra penalties for a sniper, because although they do have a magnified scope, they also usually engage targets at a much greater distance than regular infantry, so they would have the same risk of teamkilling as anyone else.

could counter this by implementing a check at how far away the TK was. Like this would only happen at 100m+

Upvote 0
smgunsftw;n2298489 said:
I don't agree with extra penalties for a sniper, because although they do have a magnified scope, they also usually engage targets at a much greater distance than regular infantry, so they would have the same risk of teamkilling as anyone else.

If you have a scope and team kill someone at 50 meters there is no excuse. If you team kill someone at 200 meters or more, I might be understanding.

Upvote 0
Misidentification is still misidentification. People are doing it with normal guns at 5m are no different than people doing it with snipers at 50m.

Being team killed due to misidentification is probably the most frustrating way to be team killed. Seeing a sniper appear in the killfeed makes me almost lose hope in humanity.

Giving these here people advice is still the best way of dealing with this. Though I am generally extremely sarcastic and condescending in giving this advice. Depending on how salty I am lol.

Upvote 0