• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Some suggestions for this game

Flanker1985

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 20, 2013
Dear developer team:
I have been a big fan of your games since the Red Orchestra 2. I pre-ordered it. And when I heard that Rising Storm 2 came out. I bought it immediately without waiting for it to go on sale. What love most about those game are the weapon handling, it feels so realistic.

One of my friend's uncle who fought along side with North Vietnam Army as a part of Chinese aid program. When we gave him to have a try at this game, he excited to tears because how realistic this game is and brought back a lot of memory. He spent a large part of his young helped North Vietnam as a combat engineer. He was suggesting (since he can't speak English, I will have to write here for him) that there were a lot of weapons which were not used in game. It will be more fun to add them. For example: the Type 63 assault rifle, Type 54 SMG, Type 59 pistol, L1A1 Rifle, CAR-15, F1 SMG and so on. Adding those weapons into the game can give player more choices to best suit to their like and play styles.

Also we can add more uniforms in "Character" section. Uniforms like Chinese uniforms, Australian Uniforms and so on. Because the Vietnam war were not fought only between the US and Vietnam, many other nations had participated. Adding those uniforms can attract more players, because they can fight as their own countrymen. China sent over 170,000 soldiers into that conflict, for every 3 soldiers you see on the north side, 1 of them is Chinese. My Australian friends are eager to play the game as Australian too.

3rdly, we can have some realistic equipment too. For example, weapon jam. M16 family can have a very small chance to get jammed at random. Players can unjamm them by pull the cocking mechanism (or whatever that is called in English, basically press "R"). NATO forces can also have the flak armor or bulletproof vest. According to my friend's uncle, those vests can reduce the enemy rifle's effective range by about a quarter. For example, AK has an effective range of 400m, for somebody who is wearing that vest, AK's range is reduced to 300m. I know we never fight at the range of 400m in this game. But we can slightly reduce the damage received by the wearer of the vest.

Please give our suggestions some considerations. Thanks very much in advance. And sorry for my poor English. :)

New weapons, maybe, but this is still a game that require balancing. They would only add weapons that would reasonably fit in, with larger content updates perhaps. For the utmost variety in weapons and ballistics you would look at Arma 3 paired with a Vietnam mod:

For cosmetic character additions, you will probably see them with future content updates. Last I heard, there was something about the developers adding some Australian units to the game. And for flack jackets this has already been discussed, the answer is no, because the game needs to be balanced. https://steamcommunity.com/app/418460/discussions/0/355043117507508176/?ctp=2

This is still just a niche game that runs on an outdated Unreal engine 3, they can only go so far.

Upvote 0
I thought some of the ideas posted by Flanker sound very interesting such as more weapons and weapon jam, as a big Red Orchestra fan i would love any additional content to be added that can be. I really enjoy the realistic style of game play and any extension of that i believe would be well received by the community.
With that said i believe the game to be very well made despite ideally having a few more maps.

Upvote 0
We do often forget the large amount of Chinese personnel in Vietnam. But most of them stuck to north vietnam. Not really going south of the DMZ or even into Laos and Cambodia. For political reasons of course. Not wanting to be fully dragged into the conflict sparking a direct war between china and the western aligned Pacific alliances.

What this did however was free up over 100,000 NVA personal for frontline service. At the Chinese aid deployments peak.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Lemonater47;n2299403 said:
We do often forget the large amount of Chinese personnel in Vietnam. But most of them stuck to north vietnam. Not really going south of the DMZ or even into Laos and Cambodia. For political reasons of course. Not wanting to be fully dragged into the conflict sparking a direct war between china and the western aligned Pacific alliances.

What this did however was free up over 100,000 NVA personal for frontline service. At the Chinese aid deployments peak.

Officially, Chinese soldiers were not given the order to charge to the south. But they were given the choice to go if they volunteer to go. In face there is a considerable percentage of Chinese soldiers have reached front line and saw combat.

I found some old photos of Chinese soldiers in frontline.
http://www.360doc.com/content/14/1029/12/726465_420841260.shtml

Upvote 0
Flanker1985;n2299497 said:
Officially, Chinese soldiers were not given the order to charge to the south. But they were given the choice to go if they volunteer to go. In face there is a considerable percentage of Chinese soldiers have reached front line and saw combat.

I found some old photos of Chinese soldiers in frontline.
http://www.360doc.com/content/14/1029/12/726465_420841260.shtml

Quite. I knew some fought on the front. Though I haven't really looked into it all too much. Not to mention the rapid decline of Sino-Vietnamese relations immediately after the war with the south.

Upvote 0
Cat_in_da_Hat;n2299529 said:
Would love to see weapon jams at random and perhaps made more likely if you have just crossed water or mud.
Also weapon drops when shot in the arms. Maybe make it a little random as I am sure some players heads would explode if they dropped the stuff every time they got shot.

Maybe, but that would make the game TOO realistic. The appeal of this game is mostly for people who want a middle ground betwen ARMA and Battlefield. Perhaps the devs could have playtesters test it in a CTE and see how it is received.

Upvote 0