• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bolt action rifles should be one shot

Arisaka99;n2297934 said:
It's just a problem with hitreg, it's awful as of now

But it's not is it. How is it a problem with hit reg if I am getting hit? If I am taking damage. I am talking about the perspective of the target. I didn't say that I shoot people and they don't go down, although that happens. I said that I was the guy getting hit. So it's obviously registering.

It just ain't dealing the damage. We have had this issue before in the beta as well. Which they addressed. Just not enough.

Upvote 0
Lemonater47;n2297944 said:
But it's not is it. How is it a problem with hit reg if I am getting hit? If I am taking damage. I am talking about the perspective of the target. I didn't say that I shoot people and they don't go down, although that happens. I said that I was the guy getting hit. So it's obviously registering.

It just ain't dealing the damage. We have had this issue before in the beta as well. Which they addressed. Just not enough.
There's definitely something wonky going on with damage in the game. I was like most people thinking hit reg was the major issue with why it felt like people took too many rounds to kill with weapons they had no business surviving from. For instance the M14 needing 3 shots to kill someone, I've been on the receiving end of that more than once now. I've been shot twice by an M14 in the game and only the second shot initiated bleeding(meaning a 3rd would have been required to kill me).

Also, I'm sure most people have experienced the frustrating "ping" of a headshot only to discover you didn't actually kill the person. I'm not sure this is solely a hit reg problem either. For instance I had it happen with an SVD(only shot I got on the guy) only to get a squad assist from his death 2 seconds later. I've also headshot a guy while we were in discord and just playing the game and asked him "did I even hit you on your screen?" He said I caused him to bleed but that was it.

I've also seen lackluster results from rifles like the M14 from 5 meters to 100+ meters.

Something is definitely not right with the damage model in the game imo.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was once in an awkward standoff with a VC on skirmish, we both unloaded mags into each other with blood everywhere. We were still standing afterward, not even having to bandage because our bleeding apparently didn't deal damage. After trying to melee a bit, which also didn't work, he headshot and killed me.

Upvote 0
How the rifle worked in RO2 was perfect, now in RS2 when i shoot someone in a fatal area, he still keeps on walking. The point of having a bolt action rifle in this game vs assault rifles is to be more deadlier with that rifle. I even shot a guy twice in the head and he still lived (but this was clearly the hit reg being wonky).

Upvote 0