• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Afghan '79

To be honest it would be a really neat mod or DLC. Can use the same asymmetric systems that currently are in use in RS2 including Helos, tunnel systems, traps, etc. Just instead of the US Army its the Soviet Army and the NLF become the Mujaheddin. Would also be a nice change in pace in terms of map types. RS2-Vietnam equals jungle and Asiatic urban while RS2-Afghanistan would be desert mountain and Afghan Villages. +1 to this idea

Upvote 0
I guess i'd just want more maps in this game. Basically have to reverse roles and weapons. Think there was enough U.S. weapons to go around the muj.

fetch
fetch

Upvote 0
It might be cool to include a small squad of American advisors with stingers and other nuts tech, and have them function outside the muj system of command (different spawn mechanics, etc). Not sure that actually happened but it could be a bit of 'stylized' realism. If you wanted to get really creative, maybe the US, Muj, and Soviet victory conditions are different.

Upvote 0
Yes the soviet/afghan thing would be cool & would have some interesting possibilities, though I would tend to think there is a trend away from "sandbox" themed fps at the moment, after a long period of oversaturation. Even the rhodesian bush war, or falklands war would be interesting too.

As for advisors etc, i know they would be a controversial inclusion, but perhaps a tiny number could come available in campaign mode (in a similar manner to hero class) to a team if it is doing particularly poorly .i.e Might help to counter or dissolve an OP team.

Upvote 0