• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

M16 recoil to easy to control

Sorry Wolf but it's like the real thing, i.e. very easy to control. The real thing handles like this due to a combination of a completely inline stock coupled with the inherently low recoil of the 5.56 round.

In short the M16 is as easy to control ingame as it should be, infact I think AMG completely nailed its recoil characteristics.

Also the AKM is almost as easy to control ingame, and that whilst spewing out rounds that will go through a brick wall, something the 5.56 will not do so readily.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Rapid semi auto fire being pretty easily to control with AK's and especially the M16 in the game is how they are in the real world. You can, and people do, literally "walk" your fire onto your target if you missed your initial shots in real life. It's one of the reasons intermediate cartridges phased out full power rifle cartridges in standard issue rifles as full sized rifle cartridges are a lot harder to pull off fast follow up shots without completely destroying your sight picture.

Upvote 0
I understand the 5.56 round has low recoil compared to other cartridges. My issue is during rapid fire. In-game when crouching you can control the M16 rapid fire to a point where it's hard to believe there is any recoil at all. This is even without holding shift to mimic "holding your breath."

Upvote 0