• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Vietnamese Language Voiceover

rivesm

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 21, 2017
The English voice acting for the Vietnamese side is very poorly delivered. The acting is so poor that I find it distracting to the gameplay. I know I'm not the only one because I hear my fellow players mocking it almost constantly over VoIP. Please allow us the option of all Vietnamese voice acting when playing as that side.

Native language voiceover was an option in the other Red Orchestra games and added to the immersion and authenticity the brand is known for.

Honestly, it sounds like something from an anti-Japanese propaganda film from the 1940's. Despite the historical incongruence and distractingly unconvincing vocals, the game is already on it's way to being another magnificent multiplayer game by Tripwire.

Thanks for hearing me out!

Yeah the voice acting for Vietnam side is comical. It is like me trying to do a bad and overly stereotyped accent. I also noticed some comical/overly stereotyped lines on the US side. It goes something like "ooh I'm messed up bad". It sounds like something Robert Downey Junior would say in Tropic Thunder. I don't really mind it all that much, but for a game that seems to be focused on realism, it just threw me off and seemed a bit out of place.

Upvote 0
Hopefully they will improve on the voice acting in the final release. Even though they said they had improved them in the recent beta change logs, I still did not see much of a difference. It would be great if they had the option to have a Vietnamese only announcer. Would really add to immersion.

Upvote 0
kapulA;n2294775 said:
Welp, at least you can sleep easy knowing that any teens and under that might be on the servers will not have their fragile young brains exposed to any potty-mouth big bad words...
There are literally lines in the game such as:
"Kill that little bastard!"
"**** you Charlie!"
"****ing VC..."

I'm sorry if you're not hearing enough "big boy words" in the game.

As for Vietnamese VO, the devs said they want to do another pass on it but trying to find the period correct dialect and a competent voice actor to say them isn't the easiest thing to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Chocolate Jesus
Upvote 0
The voice acting is kind of a letdown, I agree.
The thing I found myself to not even being able to tolerate are those "They are attacking A/B/C/..." voices from the Vietnamese team. I actually can't stand hearing those. They're terrible. :/ It's almost like a bad attempt to make satire of Asians or something.. Terrible fake accent.

Just compare it to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldNSMnEeKio
The voices are probably the worst thing to compare between RO2/RS1 and RS2. Whereas RO2/RS1 was legendary for its brilliant immersive voice acting RS2 fails in every way to archive anything remotely close to that.

Worst part is that I don't see any chance of getting new voiceovers at this point. We will probably have to deal with them as they are.

Last edited:
Upvote 0