• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rather minimap with compass then icons and text on the "hud"

dead_man

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 9, 2017
Europe
IMO it would not be hard for a player after a few rounds on the map to locate the objectives if he has a map or minimap. But the icons and text displayed destroy immersion. I would like to have the objective and player icons removed. They are very annoying to me. The kill messages are not that bad, but removing them too, would increase the tension a great deal.

Last edited:
Objective and player icons are ok as player setting, because experienced players know the map and uniforms while new ones need the icons in the beginning. I prefer it like that instead of getting teamkilled by newbies.

The kill messages on the other hand would be nice to be serverside.

Good to know that they already implemented so much hud customization, thank you utek.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
DonDOOM;n2292125 said:
Point is, those things need to be turned off server side so no one has an advantage.
I really hope this is sarcasm. I could understand in a competitive rifle tournament, but not on any random server.

dead_man;n2292150 said:
Objective and player icons are ok as player setting, because experienced players know the map and uniforms while new ones need the icons in the beginning. I prefer it like that instead of getting teamkilled by newbies.

The kill messages on the other hand would be nice to be serverside.

Good to know that they already implemented so much hud customization, thank you utek.

Kill feed is a server side option. It'd piss me off to no end if it was disabled. I dislike the delayed killfeed, but I can live with that setting.

Upvote 0
Beskar Mando;n2292198 said:
Kill feed is a server side option. It'd piss me off to no end if it was disabled. I dislike the delayed killfeed, but I can live with that setting.

I understand you. It is quite strange when kill feed is missing for the 1st time, but if you ever played project reality or squad you would know how much tension it creates and you can get used to it. It is also more real:
1. in a fight you do not see who kills who (this increases the need to communicate or confirm kills, e. g. mg/sniper down)
2. you cannot always tell if you hit someone you cannot see (behind cover (after fragging) or at great distance or concealed)

Reactions: DonDOOM
Upvote 0