• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Long Ranged Gunshots are way too quiet.

steve2142

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 29, 2016
Gunfire in Hue City from any range sounds super muffled, a real battle is a cacophony of deafening gunfire, screams, bullet impacts, and whizzes from fully automatic rifle fire. And i think you guys almost nailed it but, the long ranged gunfire seems the most muffled out of all and i would love if that was fixed. The footsteps aren't the best sounding either for the US, and need to sound more cinematic.

That would be great as well to have supersonic cracks louder. (i have 18 hours in this beta wave)

Last edited:
Reactions: p3wpy
p3wpy;n2293241 said:
Sound Effects need major improvement. I would just showcase Squad sound effects as exhibit number 1. As OP stated, gunshots sound muffled and do not sound crisp nor is there any sonic cracks or whizzes. Overall, I feel I feel as if I have on super duty heavy ear protection while playing.

maybe all the soldiers have ear damage ;)

some sounds are badass though, the mosin nagant may not sound accurate but boy is it satisfying to shoot

Upvote 0