• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Toggle sprint

Well If it's not implemented in game options you can just hook a toggle button in the ROinput.ini file to bsprint, example just add this line to your file and replace K with what ever you want:

Bindings=(Name="k",Command="Toggle bsprint",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

If you want walk function that's just:

Bindings=(Name="L",Command="Toggle bRun",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

Reactions: BirthSquirt
Upvote 0
What would be cool would be when you run for more than xx seconds, it auto locks the sprint unless you stop going forward, or you jump, or you are against a wall. This way you can release the sprint key if you need to go from one side of the map to another.

But yeah, learning how the input file works is also very good to have fully customized bindings ;)

Upvote 0
^ Thank you, liked it.

I understand your point with running but not having to hold a key makes it a bit more arcadish imo. Crouching and running are no default movement stances irl, so having to hold a key for that is what I want for a bit of realism.
I also like to have fatigue/exhaustion in the game to slow down the pace and reduce bunny hopping.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think he meant the strange art of jumping repeatidly to dodge bullet fire which he wants tied to stamina. I prefer to just be visually suppressed as aposed to slowing down movement tho.

Yeah I think any toggled movement is a hindrance in my opinion and more likely to get you killed as it takes away control, once we get vehicles will be less of an issue wink wink. But you can do a lot with the unreal engine bindings.

Upvote 0
smc;n2291725 said:
I think he meant the strange art of jumping repeatidly to dodge bullet fire which he wants tied to stamina. I prefer to just be visually suppressed as aposed to slowing down movement tho.

Yeah I think any toggled movement is a hindrance in my opinion and more likely to get you killed as it takes away control, once we get vehicles will be less of an issue wink wink. But you can do a lot with the unreal engine bindings.

You got me right, I meant jumping to dodge bullets. It's ridiculous.

@ DZADragon: try to walk crouching and shoot at the same time. You have to stop and put down one knee in order to shoot. Walk, aim and shoot at the same time isn't easy either. I remember discussions about that in the AAO and PR forums. So having to hold down a key is ok for me. It's more realistic and doable.

Upvote 0
smc;n2291725 said:

People actually jump spam to dodge incoming rounds? I've never seen anyone do that, and I assume that jumping would quickly drain RS2's version of stamina, which instead of making you necessarily slow down just makes your sight picture a lot more unpredictable.

And I'd personally rather have everything toggled if I could. I always found that having to hold crouch and sprint would put unnecessary fatigue on my pinky finger(so terrible, I know, but it is what it is) if I played for an extended amount of time and having to hold ADS put unnecessary pressure on my mouse that would actually make me feel like it was throwing off my aim. That being said I could definitely live with holding crouch or sprint, having to hold ADS these days drives me crazy though since I've been toggling it in games for about a decade now.

That's the beauty of options though, everyone's free to make their choice.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jagdwyre;n2291829 said:
People actually jump spam to dodge incoming rounds? I've never seen anyone do that, and I assume that jumping would quickly drain RS2's version of stamina, which instead of making you necessarily slow down just makes your sight picture a lot more unpredictable.

More of a tactic in some games, bit difficult in RS1/2 games as it's a very little jump height, I wouldn't bother with it besides jumping the odd trench. Also no stamina in RS2 to drain.

Upvote 0
smc;n2291933 said:
More of a tactic in some games, bit difficult in RS1/2 games as it's a very little jump height, I wouldn't bother with it besides jumping the odd trench. Also no stamina in RS2 to drain.
Well when I mean "stamina" in RS2 I mean the mechanic where your soldier starts getting short of breath and has a harder time steadying their weapon. Unlike RO2/RS however you no longer move slower except maybe when you're crouch running(in my experience at least). I think people don't think there's a stamina system at all because there's no longer a bar or other UI indication for it.

Upvote 0
Jagdwyre;n2291939 said:
Well when I mean "stamina" in RS2 I mean the mechanic where your soldier starts getting short of breath and has a harder time steadying their weapon. Unlike RO2/RS however you no longer move slower except maybe when you're crouch running(in my experience at least). I think people don't think there's a stamina system at all because there's no longer a bar or other UI indication for it.

That and running (slightly) slower.

Upvote 0
smc;n2291597 said:
Well If it's not implemented in game options you can just hook a toggle button in the ROinput.ini file to bsprint, example just add this line to your file and replace K with what ever you want:

Bindings=(Name="k",Command="Toggle bsprint",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

If you want walk function that's just:

Bindings=(Name="L",Command="Toggle bRun",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

I don't think I have this file, or I can't find it. Can I just create it? Where should it be located?

Upvote 0