• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Make total corpse count/duration a graphic setting

Saltyadata;n2291586 said:
Do you not want players to be given the chance to decide the bodycount for themselves? If a settings slider was implemented in the game I doubt many people would change it from it's default value due to competitive reasons like you suggested. Others will do so for the increased "PTSD Simulator" vibe. I'm personally all for giving players options to personalize their experience as long as it doesn't give you a drastic advantage over others, which in this case it wouldn't.

Thank you for bringing me back on track. In this case I refrain from being for or against the feature.

Though we also have an ethical aspect here: Does anybody really want to get used to the sight of masses of dead people? And should the devs offer this possibility?

Edit: Though it may be better to have it in a game than in reality, hoping that the ones liking it will be satisfied with that and will not pursue to make it happen in real life. The world has seen the such long before killing games.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ragdolls really have HUGE impact on performance. I'm not against a slider (with a big warning on the performance impact) but having this increased by default on ultra settings is surely something that will never happen. TWI already fixed a value, this is surely not a random one, there is a reason for that (and also the time they stay on the ground, as well as blood and bullets impact decals, all these little things could also be in the menu, but it is not, because playing will all this is not something everyone should have access to, people should have access to 'basic' settings, not every settings possible, because they will most likely break the game than tweaking it with knowledge. If you really would like to tweak your game beyond what is possible in menu, just edit the INI files, like most games, if not all).

But something that TWI and AMG should really look into are these settings that will give you unfair advantage, they should have hardcoded minimum values people should not be able to override, giving too much possibilities always lead to exploits. Like when people make dead bodies instantly disappear, or make vegetation or fog disappear, and so on.

Upvote 0