• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Make total corpse count/duration a graphic setting

-Moody-

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 8, 2014
www.youtube.com
...and the highest "ultra" setting a default (when ultra is selected) so that the average player with good graphics will play with more corpses that stay longer and thus better atmosphere. I know, tweaking the .ini was possible in RO2 but it was such an underground thing to do, the majority of players don't know this.

Just a suggestion. :p

While I think this is a good idea the thing is a lot of people will think they can max out ragdolls when they can't.

That's the issue Chivarly has. People going with max ragdolls, complaining about performance then uninstalling.

The Default ragdolls, blood decals, bullet impacts and all that should be increased full stop.

Upvote 0
I haven't tested but I guess engine.ini tweaks will work the same way in RS2, right? Many players tweak corpse setting, but they make corpses disappear immediately. That gives an advantage. Enemy disappears before he hits the ground. You don't need to guess if they are just bleeding out. And they don't block your view.

Competitive servers have this disabled, there you must have corpses at least for some seconds. But no public server is checking for any player ini tweaks. Ofc, this corpse tweak is not the most critical tweak that gives an advantage. Hopefully there is a way in RS2 for servers to check client ini settings. Or, all advantage tweaks are disabled.

Upvote 0
nilsmoody;n2286788 said:
I don't understand. :S

Alright so imagine you run this game at a solid 60FPS on your machine which say has an intel 7600k and an Nvidia 1070 along with 16GB of RAM.

They see a Ragdoll and decals setting so they Ramp that up to max as well.

Then they get all these FPS drops all over the show. They have no clue why, blame it on the game and uninstall.

Upvote 0
nilsmoody;n2286792 said:
Lemonater47 I understood this part but isn't this true for the rest of the settings too?

Not really because ragdolls will have a large toll on performance compared to the rest of the settings. Usually 1 single setting isn't the main problem for someones performance issues either. People with beasty computers even cant run with a lot of ragdolls in many games.

Upvote 0
nilsmoody;n2286806 said:
The difference can't be thaaat much. I mean... CoD1 & CoD2 had those settings too. I never heard of people having problems with this without realizing to turn down some of the graphic settings including the corpses.

You haven't been a moderator on the chivalry medieval warfare forums then. Same engine as this game.

Reactions: Beskar Mando
Upvote 0
steve2142;n2287269 said:
I would love this! it would make everything super immersive! and maybe like verdun (utilizing the unity engine) they can perhaps get a lot of corpses to stay on screen with relatively low impact on performance!!!

Huge difference is that in Verdun corpses are not as dynamic as in RO2/RS2, it would just lead to huge performance lost, like Lemonater mentioned it in Chivalry on example.

Upvote 0
Lemonater47;n2291555 said:
Because…?

In order to not have the corpses pile up. Would you like to search cover behind dead bodies, sticking your nose into one? Or would you like to have to bury them all?

Besides I do not like gore nor masses of dead bodies. It depresses me too much and ruins the fun. I start thinking about death and war in real life:

"It is well that war is so terrible, otherwise we should grow too fond of it." General Lee

And this is a game, not war.

My fun in such games comes from outplaying your enemies by better tactics, not from gore nor casualties.

Upvote 0
dead_man;n2291585 said:
In order to not have the corpses pile up. Would you like to search cover behind dead bodies, sticking your nose into one? Or would you like to have to bury them all?

Besides I do not like gore nor masses of dead bodies. It depresses me too much and ruins the fun. I start thinking about death and war in real life:

"It is well that war is so terrible, otherwise we should grow too fond of it." General Lee

And this is a game, not war.

My fun in such games comes from outplaying your enemies by better tactics, not from gore nor casualties.

Do you not want players to be given the chance to decide the bodycount for themselves? If a settings slider was implemented in the game I doubt many people would change it from it's default value due to competitive reasons like you suggested. Others will do so for the increased "PTSD Simulator" vibe. I'm personally all for giving players options to personalize their experience as long as it doesn't give you a drastic advantage over others, which in this case it wouldn't.

Reactions: -Moody-
Upvote 0