• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What Potential QoL changes interest you most?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Team balance / Autobalance / Team size hard cap
Teams won't stay balanced as autobalance doesn't function as it should (auto balance teams on death). Also team size can grow bigger than 32. There should be a hard cap at 32 which over it couldn't go. Teams can be for example 40v16 if the other team is quitting midgame and autobalance doesn't keep the balance.

2. TL radio bug
When your radioman dies during a call out period, before the call out has finished, as a TL you cannot use radio anymore. You need to change the class, spawn with it, then die again and change back to TL to get the radio functioning.

3. All the little bugs in WebAdmin in general
Bug Thread

Bonus QoL improving admin actions:
(Originally posted 2017)
"Now with the upcoming feature in 1.02 that you can mute someone directly from a scoreboard, would it be possible to add admin options to the scoreboard the same way? So that I wouldn't have to open WebAdmin everytime while playing but instead when I log in admin in-game, I could get the same features to be done through the scoreboard directly (kick/session ban/ban/role kick/mute/track a player/make a member)."

Last edited:
Reactions: TheUndying
Upvote 0
1. Increase Claymore clackers detonation range to the one C4 clackers have or maybe even more, please. Claymore mines are incredibly frustrating to use right now, I've been killed so many times by enemy grenades or small-arms fire while waiting for VCs to appear near the spots where I placed my Claymores.

2. Make that "Quick Match" screen you added to the server browser with ARVN update optional. The last thing I want is to load an unknown server and to get greeted by "MEGA server" logo and antivirus notifications at the same time. I need to know what I'm about to load, I don't want any surprises. That "addition" was completely unnecessary and just clutters the menu, I used it only once after that update was released and now I just go straight to server browser while wasting several seconds to get past "Quick Match" screen.

3. Add an option to block servers from appearing in the server list. That cursed MEGA server surfaced again last week and I was afraid to accidentally load it and to get promoted to level 99 without my consent and receive several trojans as a "gift".

Last edited:
Reactions: Tene and TheUndying
Upvote 0
1. Give the southern commander back his ability to select the direction of the Napalm / Canberra strike.

2. Fix the northern squad leader bug where he builds his tunnel and it just disappears. This is so frustrating!

3. Fix the northern sapper bug where he tries to place a mine and fails. This is so frustrating!

Upvote 0
1. The ability to hide Servers. i.e the Mega Severs.

2. Make Claymore's more functional by adding a Trip Flare (M49A1) which can be planted next to them. Then when you see or hear the Trip Flare activated you can detonate your Claymore and have a good chance of killing someone.

Here's a video illustrating this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfXDehzrJeY&t=107s

3. Team Balancing. If for instance one team is getting trounced, swap one of the best ranked players to the losing team.

4. Add knives, so when in tunnels the Southern forces have at least some way of defending themselves if they don't have a sidearm.

Add Green scrim bands to US Army helmets!

Upvote 0
A few suggestions here:

Optional 'Reloading incomplete' message:
This was a worse problem some patches back, but still annoys from time to time.

Basically, for weapons with longer reload animations, you can interrupt the animation at a point where it (visually) seems to have completed, but the animation has not actually finished. When you cycle back to the weapon, it is still totally empty - a problem if you've suddenly got someone else sticking a gun in your face.

What I would like is the option to have a text prompt show up if you have cancelled out of a reloading animation before the weapon is registered as reloaded, so that players can know if a weapon is empty, even if it looks like the reloading animation finished.​

More consistent RPG behavior:
RPG explosions don't behave consistently; they can penetrate concrete, but a few inches of dirt can stop a blast dead in it's tracks. RPGs are much less useful in 'countryside' maps like Hill 937, than they are in cities, because the rockets deal damage much less consistently in uneven terrain (e.g. crater rims), than they do in the right-angles of city buildings.​

Better grenade handling:
Two issues here:

1) It always takes an very long time to throw grenade, much longer than the action would probably take in real life. By the time the grenade goes out, you are frequently either dead, or the situation has changed.

I realize that this is a tough balance issue, and I don't have a ready answer for this one. I think that the grenade throw animation should be shorter, but potentially, this could be offset with a delay in switching to / taking out the grenade (e.g. as the solder hunts around his webbing and kit for the weapon).

2) It's not always clear where grenades are going to go, or what they will bounce off of, leading to accidental teamkills. A 'ghost-image' of the first few feet of the trajectory, with indication of ricochet, would help to alleviate this.​

Fix Text Chat on the Campaign screen:
Sometimes, text chat seizes up on the Campaign screen, leaving individual players unable to send messages. This is problematic if you need to, say, warn your teammates against attacking Saigon / Pleiku with low CP, etc.​

A better, more feature-rich firing range and helicopter practice range:
The firing range is very bare-bones, and it is tiresome to change weapons or get different loadouts. Also, the target setup does not allow for anything other than the simplest of testing with the various weapons available.

A more fully-featured firing range would be nice. I am thinking of something like the firing range from Perfect Dark (Rare, 2000), where there are different target configurations for different types of weapons, or even mini-challenges that test player skill. This would give novice players more opportunity and more inducement to refine their skills prior to plunging into the main game.

Ditto for the helicopter range. More options and more help - especially for practicing landings - would be useful for allowing players to learn flight skills.​

Upvote 0
Refined DSHK despawning logic

Currently when a map has combat zones moving up as the attackers move thru the map, the HMG spawns tend to follow them - however, if you're manning a Dushka from a previous spawnpoint and it moves up to a new one closer to the new frontline (Lolo or TE-SongBe ie), it deletes the already set-up Dushka and kills you if you're manning it, effectively destroying your set-up and probably effective AA position for no reason and giving enemy choppers free reign until you manage to push up to the new HMG spawn which is generally in a zone that is contestable or still occupied by stragglers which further delays establishing a new AA position.

I'd like to see the HMGs from the old spawn only despawn and move up if they've been unoccupied for like 1.5 or 2 mins or destroyed, of course. If it's in a player's inventory or he's manning it, it should not just disappear and take a team's AA coverage with it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.