• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bumped to Level 99 by a community server

Zedbrains

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 11, 2018
My problem is right there in the subject title. I joined a server running the Green Army Men Christmas event and got a server message saying something like 'Merry Christmas from us, here's level 99'. I assumed it was temporary, but I quit the game and some time later reloaded it and I'm still level ****ing 99.

I do not want to be level 99, I have nothing left to unlock. I really enjoy levelling up and getting new cosmetics and stuff, it's one of my favourite parts of any game.

If I knew which server it was I'd say but I didn't take note of its name. I was level 25 before but if I can even get knocked back to level 0 again I'd be ecstatic, and if anyone finds out who's doing this please ****ing ban them to death.

Cheers. Help me.

It was Mega Server. Apparently the dev is an idiot who has some beef with the Devs so he thought it'd be funny to do this to everyone who joined his server (luckily he'd banned me before he thought of this). His server has since been banned (but not sure how long that'll last) but loads of people are saying the same things happened.

You have a number of choices: contact support and tell them what's happened, try and reset your level (it's possible but not sure how) or do nothing and hope the Devs release an update to correct it.

More info here:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/418460/discussions/0/

Upvote 0
Cheers for the help lads, I'm gonna reset back to the beginning.

Zammo76;n2327799 said:
His server has since been banned (but not sure how long that'll last) but loads of people are saying the same things happened.

Good to know there's been some kind of penalty, doesn't seem like much but what else can they do?

It's gotta be annoying for people who've played a lot more than me.

Upvote 0
Zammo76;n2328615 said:
Is there still no update to this?

As per the latest announcement:

I was boosted to level 99 but want to go back my original level
Some players were boosted to level 99 by a modified community server around the time the Christmas event kicked off. We do not have the capability to revert or rollback accounts to a previous level. However, we want to implement an option that allows the player to reset themselves to any level they want if they are currently level 99.

Upvote 0
Mega Server is back with a vengeance, there's now 5 of them!

Avoid them like the plague as they apparently infect your PC with ads.

Trip Wire maybe it'd be worth making some sort of announcement about this, and given us the option to hide servers from the server list.

Also why aren't you taking legal action against the creep of an admin?

Upvote 0