• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Having an Issue with Graphics Quality

DirtyDan

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 18, 2018
Hello,

I bought RS: Vietnam yesterday and I can't seem to make the game not look like mud smeared spectacles. I know this isn't what the game should look like as I have viewed screenshots and gameplay and I cannot for the life of me figure out why my graphical settings A. Don't change when I change them and B. Seems like the textures are not actually totally loading or are staying in an extremely low resolution.

I can play KF2 on 1156X664 very well and it looks great. I have tried to edit config files for resolution and other settings but it does absolutely nothing and will basically reset to one of its own resolutions (KF2 has an "all" aspect ration option also, which RS2 does not seem to have). Any help would be appreciated, otherwise I think I will just refund the game as it is pretty atrocious to look at and isn't running properly.

Thanks!

hi i also have the same problem, was playing fine on a Radeon Hd6950 with settings on high and correct resolution and decided to wipe windows 7 and install windows 10 after installing fresh copy of RS Vietnam then launched the game the ingame graphics was set on very low resolution once changed it restarts and it changes nothing ? then decided it must be windows 10 causing issues, i then decided to wipe and go back to windows 7 fresh install and its exactly the same but i can play Red orchestra 2 on ultra settings and other games as well ? from in the console what commands can i use ? thanks

Upvote 0
On Rising Storm 2 - make sure you set the texture pool size to 'unlimited' in graphics settings. If you have less than 6GB of VRAM, try using texture streaming and instance rendering. 1920x1080 is a standard resolution, so you shouldn't need a console command for it. If configurations do not save, make sure the file properties are not set to read only.

Upvote 0