• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS2:Vietnam future

PolarWolf_NL

Jul 30, 2018
As the developers are busy getting 1.1 to us to enjoy, I'm wondering if there is any longer term plan for this game. Maybe an update to the Unreal 4 engine? DirectX 12 support? Vulkan? Maybe even...dare I say it, RTX? It would be so cool to be able to run this game in all its glory.

I'm really hoping that the devs at TWI realise that the Vietnam war is worth doing (and I hope this is backed up by sales). I know when I try and find a server (in Aust), there's usually about 4-5 64 player servers all full (with queues) so I end up having to play on SEA servers (or even US servers). Still so much fun.

As for long term...I would REALLY love to get bots and to be able to play as a single player or COOP (eg. patrol, seek & Destroy, defend the FOB, attack fortified positions, hell even just ambushes in the jungle....at night....in the rain)...that would be awesome. Day of Infamy (WW2 fps) has this (both COOP vs bots/players or just SP vs bots). I love that we can get so many new/varied custom maps. There's so many battles of the war that haven't been done yet.

Upvote 0