• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Promoted to Squad leader all the time

Fjordhæksa

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 9, 2018
Hello. When I play this game, I almost in every match gets promoted to Squad leader. Why? I don't want to be a Squad leader all the time. Does this happen to everyone or is it just me, what is going on? And I can not choose to another class when I gets promoted, so I must play the role...

Yeah it happens to me a lot. The worst part is when you are playing for the north, when you first get promoted you dont have the pick to dig a tunnel and you wont get it until you are killed. So often you get a bit of abuse from your sqaud for not putting down a tunnel. Sure you can play loose and get killed but it can be frustrating if you have got to a good position or in a cap etc.

You can always just promote somene else in you squad.

Upvote 0
Cat_in_da_Hat;n2323628 said:
Yeah it happens to me a lot. The worst part is when you are playing for the north, when you first get promoted you dont have the pick to dig a tunnel and you wont get it until you are killed. So often you get a bit of abuse from your sqaud for not putting down a tunnel. Sure you can play loose and get killed but it can be frustrating if you have got to a good position or in a cap etc.

You can always just promote somene else in you squad.

If you are promoted mid-life as SL, you can get the pickaxe by going ammo dump.

Upvote 0
Last thing I want to do when playing the North and being a Sapper, is being a Squad Leader. I don't have time to properly set my traps and mark artillery and dig tunnels. When it happens I just jump to another squad when I have time, but I hate being forced to be SL and it happens quite a bit...

Upvote 0