• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Map Death Hills Needs Work

cobwebmichaels

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 11, 2018
The B objective on Death Hills is far too difficult to attack. Currently, B's design requires attackers funnel through a choke that has almost no cover, apart from small pockets in the cave walls on either side. If the attackers manage to seize the first cave outside B proper, they must push through yet another choke with even less cover. Plus, the presence of an ammo resupply in B allows defenders to constantly lob grenades into both chokes, especially the second. B objective's poor design is made worse by the fact the caves completely cover defenders from attackers' air strikes and artillery.

Of course, I think the map's designer(s) intended the attackers flank left around the cave to secure the northern entrances, cutting off defenders from reentering. That is so difficult to do that I'm just going to call it impossible. Anyone who's played it knows what's up.

I hope someone reads this who has something to do with working on the maps. I think openings in the cave's ceilings that would allow air strikes to work; more entrances the attackers can more easily access; and/or more cover in the chokes would be significant improvements to B. Thanks.