• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Please fix the M16's sights

Unus Offa Unus Nex

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 21, 2010
Just please fix them, they're way to obstructive, esp. since you gave everyone 3x binoc aim zoom...

Open up the peep sight abit more, like you did with other weapons and strengthen the depth of field blur on the sights again, I hardly ever see it anymore.

This is my last cry for change and I hope you will finally listen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Atomskytten
SeptemberSnow;n2319115 said:
ridiculous m16 sight
ridiculous AK single shot inaccuracy
ridiculous RPD overheat smoke
ridiculous SVD scope sway and recoil

You served in the Vietnamese Army right?
What was the typical accuracy of AKs when you served?
This sketchy wiki says they're around 4.5-5 MOA. (4.5 to 5 inch group per 100 yards)
https://rs2vietnam.com/wiki/doku.php/weapons/ak-47

Upvote 0
Arisaka99;n2319257 said:
You served in the Vietnamese Army right?
What was the typical accuracy of AKs when you served?
This sketchy wiki says they're around 4.5-5 MOA. (4.5 to 5 inch group per 100 yards)
https://rs2vietnam.com/wiki/doku.php/weapons/ak-47

the AKs accuracy was good enough to hit half man size stationary target paper at 250m with ONE Bullet Only in prone position . and 100m with standing position
in vietnam if any PAVN regular troop can't do it after basic trainning then they get kick out or come back to train again
in this game good luck doing it

Upvote 0
Arisaka99;n2320268 said:
That's a relatively trivial reason to stop playing.

How so? The high zoom bothers me a lot, and it bothers me even more so that there's a magic difference in iron sight zoom between the weapons.

I mean can you explain to me why my eyes magically get increased iron sight zoom when using the M16 over the M3 Greasegun?

Sorry but with these magical CoD/BF perks RS2 has lost its interest with me, pure and simple. Hopefully a new Vietnam shooter will release within this decade.

Reactions: Atomskytten
Upvote 0
Because field of view in the game makes objects in the center smaller than they should be. And since screen is much smaller than real life vision you can either see around you but objects in the center will be far away or you can have unrealistically thin vision but you will see objects in the center as you should.

So Devs assumed that when you are using Grease gun you are probably not shooting on long distances but on CQB, so you have high field of view but smaller zoom. But with Mosin for example you are probably shooting on long distances so they thought it would be good idea to lower field of view to give you more realistic size of your target for the price of not seeing well around you.

In the end every FOV setting is unrealistic - it's either not wide enough or targets are not close enough. That's why it's dynamic and not fixed in the first place.

Reactions: Arisaka99
Upvote 0
Unus Offa said:
How so? The high zoom bothers me a lot, and it bothers me even more so that there's a magic difference in iron sight zoom between the weapons.

I mean can you explain to me why my eyes magically get increased iron sight zoom when using the M16 over the M3 Greasegun?

Sorry but with these magical CoD/BF perks RS2 has lost its interest with me, pure and simple. Hopefully a new Vietnam shooter will release within this decade.

I beleive Perun here has explained the reasoning perfectly. Whatever the case, stop whining on the forums :)

Upvote 0