• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How to differ between the fractions?

foln

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 13, 2015
In RO2 it was incredibly easy to differ between the teams as the Germans held their guns in one hand while running, while the Russians held them in both hands.
However, in RS2 I did not discover anything that makes identification this easy yet.
Are there any secrets or something one can pay attention to?

foln;n2312414 said:
In RO2 it was incredibly easy to differ between the teams as the Germans held their guns in one hand while running, while the Russians held them in both hands.
However, in RS2 I did not discover anything that makes identification this easy yet.
Are there any secrets or something one can pay attention to?

Same thing as RS1 (and RO2) Northern forces run with one hand, southern with two. Best bet is common sense and reflexes, with customization it's harder to ID targets if you somehow have a problem doing so. Southern forces wear green clothing, while northern forces wear tan or black.

Upvote 0
Beskar Mando;n2312416 said:
Same thing as RS1 (and RO2) Northern forces run with one hand, southern with two. Best bet is common sense and reflexes, with customization it's harder to ID targets if you somehow have a problem doing so. Southern forces wear green clothing, while northern forces wear tan or black.

Yea that was the thing I noticed. Some of the customizable stuff is really really similar from fraction to fraction. Like those available hats, they look almost identical. Sure the customization is a cool feature but this is a very odd side-effect of it.

I didn't even notice yet that they also have the weapon-holding differences in RS2. Ill pay attention to it.

Upvote 0
A few things.

North runs with one hand on the weapon, South runs with two, this is not reflected in the first person view for some reason.

Keep an eye out for sillouttes, they do have some key differences.

Some things to look for:

- PAVN uses tan and dot camo for now, they did have a jungle green, but it's not included for "Balance reasons".
- NLF uses black/blue civ clothing, will always wear a neckerchief and tend to have fabric cover helmets or soft caps.
- PAVN tends to have flared helmets, or soft tops.
- Northern Rucksacks are lower and have a more slouched look, while Southern ones are squared and just about shoulder height.
- US army used OD, while Marines used Woodland. Always have camo hats, hard or soft.
- Aussies almost entirely use boonies, which makes them harder to stand out from their enemies.
- Only Southern forces have darker colored skinned individuals.

Now there are a few items which can help you look like an enemy, which can help with sneaking/flanking but will make you much more susceptible to team kills.

PAVN - Cap, SSh-39, tiger striped hat.
South - Tiger striped cap, bandanas.
- Going shirtless on either side, unless you picked the darker skinned characters.

Reactions: foln
Upvote 0