• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Highway 14 winning second place

kraykan

Aug 17, 2015
Obviously this is an opinion, but i cant understand why Highway 14 won second place. To me it seems the maps has way too many issues. I understand that there were not a whole lot of submissions, but i think it is one of the poorer custom maps.

To start with, the spawns for the defending side seem too far away from the objectives. Putting down a tunnel is also very difficult for the VC Squad leaders. The elevation of the map makes it very difficult to navigate. I understand that not all maps are, or should be flat. But it seems like overkill.The points themselves have strange boundaries that you cannot see on the map, making defending them quite hard.

The BIGGEST issue is that attackers can be transported into point F before it is unlocked. This point is in a building, so you cant simply shoot them even if you knew they were there. BY the time the pint is unlocked, it has several enemies in it, and is lost.

Now i haven't played this map as often as other custom maps,and It's possible that my experiences were simply unlucky. But the few times i have played Highway 14, both sides seemed to agree that it was not a good map.

I know tripwire isn't going to change the contest results or anything, but i am curious what others on the forums think about this particular map.

NorthDumpling;n2312027 said:
I will say next. No need to make an elephant out of a mouse. I personally dont have problems with a Highway.
I mean come on, I could say the same about Firebase Georgina, why does it wins if Zachery Moe started mapping very late? So knock it off please.

I do say the same for Georgina as well.

How it got 3rd is beyond me.

Upvote 0