• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Vietnamese voices/langauge

Raropiss

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 30, 2017
Hello there

I am now level 33 in Rising Storm Vietnam and just getting back into it. As you know the in game soldiers have voices and speak automatically.

When the Vietnamese soldier yells "yaaaaa", what does that mean and can the enemy players hear it?

How can I translate what the Vietnamese are actually saying? How do I know that it's actually Vietnamese and not just some random Asian stereotype made up words?

Thanks very much

Last edited:
I'm Vietnamese and the Vietnamese voice acting in this game is hilarious.

Well, to be fair, they're certainly voiced by Vietnamese, but the kind of Vietnamese who's been abroad for so long they'd kinda forgotten how to speak the language correctly. And, even if the pronunciation is correct, the voice acting is just terrible, so bad it's good kinda terrible. The accent for the NVA is also mostly southern for some reason, although the Northen accent can be heard once in a while.

Upvote 0
Bokehmon;n2309855 said:
I'm Vietnamese and the Vietnamese voice acting in this game is hilarious.

Well, to be fair, they're certainly voiced by Vietnamese, but the kind of Vietnamese who's been abroad for so long they'd kinda forgotten how to speak the language correctly. And, even if the pronunciation is correct, the voice acting is just terrible, so bad it's good kinda terrible. The accent for the NVA is also mostly southern for some reason, although the Northen accent can be heard once in a while.

As far as I know there is one North Vietnamese native speaker, one speaker with a Southern accent and one who clearly isn't a native speaker. You don't even have to be Vietnamese to notice that.

Upvote 0