• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Request: Pls remove ability to go bare chested for US

My point is - I quite like FF on. BUT...you have two opposing sides in the jungle or at night, etc which is fine. Its when you give players on both sides the ability to DRESS THE SAME which is what creates the issue. This potentially results in TKs...BUT you then give the TK'ee the ability to punish the TK'or for what is the TK'ee's fault. That doesn't make sense. Its even written as a tip in the game ie. don't dress like the enemy or you will be shot...but then it gives you the ability to punish the person who shot you. Am i the only one who thinks this is just bad design?

Upvote 0
The_Pharoah;n2310130 said:
My point is - I quite like FF on. BUT...you have two opposing sides in the jungle or at night, etc which is fine. Its when you give players on both sides the ability to DRESS THE SAME which is what creates the issue. This potentially results in TKs...BUT you then give the TK'ee the ability to punish the TK'or for what is the TK'ee's fault. That doesn't make sense. Its even written as a tip in the game ie. don't dress like the enemy or you will be shot...but then it gives you the ability to punish the person who shot you. Am i the only one who thinks this is just bad design?

Come to think of it, yeah. A bunch of cosmetic items are too similar to each other from a distance, the North Vietnamese boonie hats for example, look exactly like well, the American boonie hats as well as the Australian hats. Even worse considering the North Vietnamese never wore camouflaged boonie hats.

Upvote 0
Arisaka99, I agree that the camo boonie for NVA is stuipid, but that's not a good arguement, because they also wore green uniform, the tan uniforms were worn in the 50s.

Shirtless is a great way to get TK'd, and should be moved up the level of XP to make it as uncommon as it was IRL, but it did happen.

Attachments

• shirt.jpeg
    shirt.jpeg
    50.9 KB · Views: 0
  • shirt2.jpg
    shirt2.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
screwthis;n2310731 said:
Arisaka99, I agree that the camo boonie for NVA is stuipid, but that's not a good arguement, because they also wore green uniform, the tan uniforms were worn in the 50s.

Shirtless is a great way to get TK'd, and should be moved up the level of XP to make it as uncommon as it was IRL, but it did happen.

Hey, another guy that wants NVA green uniforms. I'm just saying how the camo boonies don't add anything into the game except FF incidents, green NVA uniforms at least add realism. I also don't think that green uniforms will be that problematic in terms of FF either, night maps would theoretically make it extremely difficult to identify friend vs foe, but based off of what I've seen, that's not the case.

Upvote 0
Arisaka99;n2310761 said:
Hey, another guy that wants NVA green uniforms. I'm just saying how the camo boonies don't add anything into the game except FF incidents, green NVA uniforms at least add realism. I also don't think that green uniforms will be that problematic in terms of FF either, night maps would theoretically make it extremely difficult to identify friend vs foe, but based off of what I've seen, that's not the case.

Well they have done green vs green before.

It was catastrophic.

So yeah a hell of a lot more people use colour to distinguish. Rather than just the shape of a hat.

Upvote 0
Lemonater47;n2310825 said:
Well they have done green vs green before.

It was catastrophic.

So yeah a hell of a lot more people use colour to distinguish. Rather than just the shape of a hat.

I don't think that'll be the case if they actually change it back. On the night maps, all the uniforms are black yet there's virtually no friendly fire. I am aware that they did green vs green in the alpha.

Upvote 0
Arisaka99;n2310928 said:
I don't think that'll be the case if they actually change it back. On the night maps, all the uniforms are black yet there's virtually no friendly fire. I am aware that they did green vs green in the alpha.

They did it in RS1. It in fact was done multiple times. Each time going rather wrong. The Japanese SNLF had green uniforms.

Upvote 0