• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Custom Map Download Speed

Spaky

Feb 27, 2017
Manchester, UK
Hi there,

Searched forums couldnt find this.
It seems my download of custom maps on ALL servers is pretty slow. Everybody else I know gets into the game a lot quicker than me.
There is nothing wrong with my internet/speeds (240mb download with VM). Its just me and custom maps on this game.
Anybody else with this or know what the issue could be?

Thanks

Yes, its slow directly in game. Try to subscribe custom maps from RS2 workshop in steam. New versions of maps will start downloading when you start the steam. Much faster. And you will not wait, if the map is changed in RS2.

CONS:

But you can not run RS2 when you download a new version of the custom map. Once, it happened that the download speed of the workshop map was 2 KB per second. On 300 MB map.
So I had to find the map that was doing it. And cancel the subscription so I can play.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You can change your download location in Steam, try other servers (if your game content is served by Steam Workshop).

If it is a classic HTTP redirect web server, it will depend on your link between the web server and your house, and also by the capacity of the web server to send files quickly (most have at least 100MB connection but some may also have low speeds, you have to test to know).

Sometimes Steam servers are overloaded too... nothing you can do..

Upvote 0