• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What weapon do you think need buff?

kuky90

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Title. What do you think. Which weapon underperform and what should be done?

To me first on list is RPD. Very bad accuracy, high recoil and overheating makes it not that good. I always take DPM. Even if it have less amo its so much better at everything. I mean I know RPD should be like weapon to suppress enemy but fast overheating and slow cooling makes this weapon so unrewarding to use. - It should be bit more accurate because recoil is fine for high power weapon and overheating should be toned down, or cooling when you overheat should buffed so it cools down faster. TBH all LMG coold down way to slow.

Dragunov or SVD have so much sway, and its so loud that makes this weapon not so good as couterpart on USA side. Add to this accuracy and sight and you get very strange sniper. Inferior to USA semi auto in almost every way. - It should have less sway and be bit more quite.

M14. Sway way to big, recoil is fine for high power bullets but damage is stange, sometimes its 2-3 shot kill. -make less sway and bit damage buff, at range at least. SKS for me feels lot better even thos sway could be also better or same as M14.

M1911 feels lot worse than TT. Both recoil and accuracy. buff one of recoil or accuracy.

MAT after update is so inconsistent. Especially french mod.

Claymore. Still don't get point of this gadget in game. You need alone need to activate it. it have little delay. You can't activate one at the time, you need to be close to activate them because of limited range and it is very easy to spot by the enemy. With short range detonator it is better to simply shoot enemy with gun than try to activate it. And to add to this. USA most of time is attacking, and srsly this gadget feels like usless. - dont know what to do about it, its just unrewarding and kind usless.

The M14, Mosin, M60, and DP28 need to kill more reliably. Or at the very least there needs to be more significant feedback when a player has been hit with a larger round, like having much more weapon sway temporarily.

The M14's front sight post probably needs to be thinner.

AKs need to be more accurate.

M16 needs to actually have 20 rounds in it's 20 round magazine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i feel RPD so inferior compare with DP28 . most of the time players go suppressing fire . 99% of them never fire off all 100 or 200 rounds in their belt (alway reload at 60 70 rounds or even less) . DP on the other hand just like M16 for MGer . do everything and better . easy to hipfire run n gun . less recoil , lower rof for more accuracry , reload faster , less overheat (by the time you done the reload the gun already cool off), way less smoke and ofcouse everytime you need to suppressing fire . you fired off all 47 rounds in the pan so no wasted ammo

Last edited:
Upvote 0
SeptemberSnow;n2303944 said:
i feel RPD so inferior compare with DP28 . most of the time players go suppressing fire . 99% of them never fire off all 100 or 200 rounds in their belt (alway reload at 60 70 rounds or even less) . DP on the other hand just like M16 for MGer . do everything and better . easy to hipfire run n gun . less recoil , lower rof for more accuracry , reload faster , less overheat (by the time you done the reload the gun already cool off), way less smoke and ofcouse everytime you need to suppressing fire . you fired off all 47 rounds in the pan so no wasted ammo

This. It have 200 bullets but never fire those because it overheats.

Upvote 0
The biggest issue I have at the moment is that Vietcong weapons feel too close in power to the USA weapons. The Southern forces are supposed to have an advantage in technology to counteract the challenge of attacking on most maps. However, there are some noticeable instances where Northern weapons simply outperform their US counterparts, and that's a shame.

Specifics: most US iron sights are horrendous. Claymores are garbage. M14 is inferior. Grease gun should shoot somewhat faster and have a better iron sight. US shotguns need a buff in general - they are just bad.

Vietcong submachine guns are overall too effective relative to US shotguns and the Grease.

RPD is absurdly accurate, great iron sight, and comparable damage to The Pig. That's offensive, and stupid to boot. The core guns of any army are their grunt guns (m16 - needs less obtrusive sight) and machine gunners (The Pig needs more damage, better iron sight, more suppression).

Upvote 0
Full power rifle rounds need to one shot to the lower torso and hips imo. Comparing and testing shots between RS2(using the M14) and RO2(using the G41) RO2 objectively produces more reliable one shots with rifles. And before it's questioned, yes, it was tested on live players of the opposite team, not bots and not friendlies.

Also fun little(and absurd) fact; someone can survive up to 4 M14 shots to the same arm, and up to 10 M14 shots to the hand. The idea of flesh wounds is fine but there comes a point where a part of your body takes so much lead you no longer have that part of your body and you're no longer going to be doing any fighting. Still feels like we're walking bags of ballistics gelatin.

Upvote 0
I don't want any gun to be buffed by changing it's values in unrealistic manner. That said there are in my opinion some guns that perform worse than their real life counterparts:

RPD - this is a currently terrible excuse for machine-gun in my opinion. After 20-30 rounds in the row the gun starts smoking like crazy making itself practically useless as the smoke is blocking view completely. If Chauchat was avaliable instead I would pick it over the RPD any time.

M3 Grease gun - Sights are worthless completely. I am folding the stock every time so the character won't use them. Even on 100m+ I would rather aim with folded stock rather than actually use the sights. The gun itself is pretty good, but if I could actually use it's sights it would be better. Hands down the worst sights in the game.

AK - too inaccurate. I wonder why it after recent update they lowered recoil, which was already too easy (on single shot) to control. Character can far too quickly align it's sights after shot making it too easy to place shot after shot pretty much immediately. It also gained damage buff (which is weird considering how poorly 7,62x39 performs against soft targets) yet it didn't get the only buff it really needed - accuracy. The gun kicks like it was shooting 5.45 but has accuracy of Sten gun with bended barrel. Oh yeah and the AKM needs to be removed as an option of rifleman class. I think it's quite absurd to have AKM as a primary weapon of NVA in the game. In hands of Vietcong it's even more ridiculous.

SVD - for some reason the SVD won't kill by one shot from the side unless you hit a head. I tried that with my friend on empty server and shot from side to the chest (through an arm) won't actually kill you. I sometimes kill my enemies even on three well placed hits. I assume the same applies to Mosin as well.

SKS - it's just bad in pretty much everything. But frankly I don't see any realistic way to make it better. Also it's lock-open animation is sometimes not working and the bolt closes after last round.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Perun58;n2303996 said:
I don't want any gun to be buffed by changing it's values in unrealistic manner. That said there are in my opinion some guns that perform worse than their real life counterparts:

RPD - this is a currently terrible excuse for machine-gun in my opinion. After 20-30 rounds in the row the gun starts smoking like crazy making itself practically useless as the smoke is blocking view completely. If Chauchat was avaliable instead I would pick it over the RPD any time.

M3 Grease gun - Sights are worthless completely. I am folding the stock every time so the character won't use them. Even on 100m+ I would rather aim with folded stock rather than actually use the sights. The gun itself is pretty good, but if I could actually use it's sights it would be better. Hands down the worst sights in the game.

AK - too inaccurate. I wonder why it after recent update they lowered recoil, which was already too easy (on single shot) to control. Character can far too quickly align it's sights after shot making it too easy to place shot after shot pretty much immediately. It also gained damage buff (which is weird considering how poorly 7,62x39 performs against soft targets) yet it didn't get the only buff it really needed - accuracy. The gun kicks like it was shooting 5.45 but has accuracy of Sten gun with bended barrel. Oh yeah and the AKM needs to be removed as an option of rifleman class. I think it's quite absurd to have AKM as a primary weapon of NVA in the game. In hands of Vietcong it's even more ridiculous.

SVD - for some reason the SVD won't kill by one shot from the side unless you hit a head. I tried that with my friend on empty server and shot from side to the chest (through an arm) won't actually kill you. I sometimes kill my enemies even on three well placed hits. I assume the same applies to Mosin as well.

SKS - it's just bad in pretty much everything. But frankly I don't see any realistic way to make it better. Also it's lock-open animation is sometimes not working and the bolt closes after last round.

well M3 already have better sight than it should, it was even worse irl. hah

SKS is fine for me M14 is not.

Where it comes to SMGs. MAT especally french MAT49 is pure garbage. No damage, low rate of fire, no range. Simply bad.

Upvote 0
Jagdwyre;n2303962 said:
Full power rifle rounds need to one shot to the lower torso and hips imo. Comparing and testing shots between RS2(using the M14) and RO2(using the G41) RO2 objectively produces more reliable one shots with rifles. And before it's questioned, yes, it was tested on live players of the opposite team, not bots and not friendlies.

Also fun little(and absurd) fact; someone can survive up to 4 M14 shots to the same arm, and up to 10 M14 shots to the hand. The idea of flesh wounds is fine but there comes a point where a part of your body takes so much lead you no longer have that part of your body and you're no longer going to be doing any fighting. Still feels like we're walking bags of ballistics gelatin.

Full power rifle rounds should be a one shot kill anywhere in the body other than the hands and feet I think and agree.. The franchise started off with the best realistic one shot kills, even with the lowliest of pistols. Coming back after a while away being disappointed with the last 2 games, but liking this one. My only complaint is that the maps are all WAAAAy too small again. There is nothing like the original Red Orchestra maps that required transport and teamwork to reach the objectives and one felt like each life actually mattered because it was such a hassle to get back to the fight sometimes.

Upvote 0